Consol scripts? HeLp mEh

T

Tuna_Can

hey i was wonderin if there is scripts to bunny hop and overbounce so if any1 knows sum please let me know.

Even if you use a script to HELP your timing, it'll still be screwed sometimes.

Besides, it's much better just to learn how to do it, it gives you a lot more freedom than using a script.

Bunnyhop in HL2DM is very slow, so don't bother. No amount of technique will help you make it fast. Strafejumping however is faster. Asshopping is also fast, but you loose speed there, but it's good for moving across short distances without making any sound. Just learn it manually and you're much better off.

Maybe he thinks this is a quake 3 forum :). overbounce definatley is something unique to the q3 engine

I hate people who run scripts to help their bunny hopping. I'd like to think it's cheating.

Bastards won't stay still! ;(

Bunnyhop in HL2DM is very slow, so don't bother. No amount of technique will help you make it fast. Strafejumping however is faster. Asshopping is also fast, but you loose speed there, but it's good for moving across short distances without making any sound. Just learn it manually and you're much better off.

I personally can keep jumping at sprint speed for about 7-8 jumps, which I don't know what you guys would call it. People call it Overbouncing, but that seems a bit.. weird to me. :) It's basically HL-1 bunnyhopping with a sprint before the first jump and crouched the entire time..dunno which one explains it up above.

Polar_Bear said:
I personally can keep jumping at sprint speed for about 7-8 jumps, which I don't know what you guys would call it. People call it Overbouncing, but that seems a bit.. weird to me. :) It's basically HL-1 bunnyhopping with a sprint before the first jump and crouched the entire time..dunno which one explains it up above.
I call that crouch jumping. If you PERFECTLY time your jump, you will loose close to no speed. You just need practise. Aswell, it is silent :)
- Gordon

.syL said:
Maybe he thinks this is a quake 3 forum :). overbounce definatley is something unique to the q3 engine
True. But I think he means what I like to call asshopping ;) Someone on the Steam forums called it that for some time at least. No idea why they would call it that. Feels more like an asshop than an overbounce.

asshopping is a way better name that overbouncing. watch someone else do it and you can see them hopping around on their ass.

Pincus said:
I call that crouch jumping. If you PERFECTLY time your jump, you will loose close to no speed. You just need practise. Aswell, it is silent :)
- Gordon

Yep, i can go from Orbs in the bathroom to the Fan Switch and back in just one sprint jump, so it's fun. Ill stick with "Crouch Jumping 4evar" for now ;)

Yep, i can go from Orbs in the bathroom to the Fan Switch and back in just one sprint jump, so it's fun.

really? how do you manage to turn that well, especially in the confines of the fanswitch room?

Well on turning I go extremely slow, but I can regain my speed by going in circles some more, then go on back. I'll make a demo later. :)

This is: 3x_cs_bunnyjump.rar.

It can be done in HL-engine games and Quake. In Q2 and Q3 you use strafejumping which is more a straight forward motion. Valve slowed bunnyjumping down in HLDM in their attempt to get rid of it in CS, so it's very slow now. But AG put it back in HLDM (if you play with AG of course). And that is why I'm waiting for AG2 :)

Hmm. I have never really played any games besides Half-Life 2 and Tactical-Ops and Unreal Tournament 1.0. So i've never tried any of this stuff :S
- Gordon

Polar_Bear said:
Well on turning I go extremely slow, but I can regain my speed by going in circles some more, then go on back. I'll make a demo later. :)

Yeah, do that. I'd like to see how you do this.

Cyn said:
Yeah, do that. I'd like to see how you do this.

im a noob to the "internet" so i'll just tell you how instead...

And, I don't really turn in circles, although if I do it perfectly just moving around somewhat I eventually gain speed, but only a little bit. Probably only in perspective. But I know this trick ill show you below actually works, as I've done it somewhat. :)

Well, when turning, you gain speed. So, what I do, is that whenever i get low on speed, mid-jump ill let go of the crouch button. Then, ill look to the right SUPER-fast, and then forward again. (Sometimes miss my forward facing, like I turn too much and then im facing the left by accident and ill screw up and stop) It turns out that I eventually gain speed. There's a person in my clan that has a crazy jump going, which I need to gain a demo of, as its very fast and I cannot keep up with it even moving at sprint speed all the time. Goes faster than it, which is fun. :)

All of the "Whip" motion, (look to the right/left then forward really fast mid-jump without crouch held down) takes place in under a second, while im still mid-jump, and it helps a lot. :)

Ill grab a demo of my clanmate doing the jump he has perfected, and I'll give it over to you on AIM or something.

I thought this was discussed in my guide?

Anyway, there is a way to mute gunshots, but if you want to know how to do it, PM me. I'm not going to tell publicly so that not everyone goes around spamming the Magnum with shots you can barely hear if close, and if sniping, can't hear.

Amish-Technology said:
I thought this was discussed in my guide?

Anyway, there is a way to mute gunshots, but if you want to know how to do it, PM me. I'm not going to tell publicly so that not everyone goes around spamming the Magnum with shots you can barely hear if close, and if sniping, can't hear.
Oh. That's just lame ;) Why keep it a secret? Can't stay above the rest without it?

netrex said:
Sounds weird. I doubt your snd_restart will affect other players on the server.
It doesn't. It just mutes gun shots to you.
- Gordon

Why would I want to do that? And muting my gunshots for other players seems like a big exploit to me, so it's nothing I would do in any case. But I don't think the snd_restart is what Amish-Technology was thinking about.

I like how we went from someone asking for scripts to muting gunshots!

:cheers:

From movement scripts to other lame exploits - what's the point? The big leagues don't allow them :)

netrex said:
Why would I want to do that? And muting my gunshots for other players seems like a big exploit to me, so it's nothing I would do in any case. But I don't think the snd_restart is what Amish-Technology was thinking about.
Yeah neither. I just used snd_restart because when my sound fudged, archon told me to do it. I did it and it goes wierd. Probably something to do with not having a soundcard.
- Gordon

ComradeBadger said:
From movement scripts to other lame exploits - what's the point? The big leagues don't allow them :)

Do they not allow the actions themselves or just the scripts?

Because any good scripter can make sure they are subtle enough as to not attract attention :)

Pesmerga said:
Do they not allow the actions themselves or just the scripts?

Because any good scripter can make sure they are subtle enough as to not attract attention :)
HL2CCL doesn't allow you to use scripts does things you can't do manually. ClanBase lets you do whatever the hell you can fit in your config :/ I think ESL is the same way as CB. Not 100% sure on that.

Me and pille played some guys 2v2 last night that had every script under the sun, bright skins and all. We rinsed them good and proper with none.

Netrex fancy a 2v2 esl? We ****ed our first one up, got the times mixed up :/ 3 penalty points for a no show :[

WySiWyG said:
Me and pille played some guys 2v2 last night that had every script under the sun, bright skins and all. We rinsed them good and proper with none.

Netrex fancy a 2v2 esl? We ****ed our first one up, got the times mixed up :/ 3 penalty points for a no show :[
Can't now. primax and me are going to a rock festival tomorrow =) But after the weekend maybe :)

Anytime next week. I handed my notice in and my last day is tomorrow. :bounce:

Mind you pille works during the day, so it will have to be evenings :/

What festival you going to?

Hhmmm, I read that as well, but from the third-last topic in section 4.1 of this guide, I get the impression that that is not the correct way to do it and that the person who posted to use snd_restart did not actually know. It seems there is actually a way to mute the sound of gunshot, somehow using the flashlight. I'm going to experiment tomorrow afternoon to see if I can find out how to do it, and I will post if I do figure it out. If anyone knows can he please post it?

Holy thread resurrection moly!

The only way I heard of muting a gunshot is using the flashlight whilst firing the Magnum. Takes practice and really isn't used much.

It was answered in this post those many years ago. Though, it might not work now, either doing something different or being considered a cheat even.
Pincus said:
snd_restart.
Gordon
No, that only restarts the sound system which may clear any temporary audio glitches.

Well then, I don't believe that there is a way to mute bullet noises in the game. If there were such a way, it would've probably been made a cheat, seeing how lesser things which aren't even cheats, have been.

Nah, it`s really simple to do, I`ve just tried it. Just press the flashlight at the same time as firing your mag or shotgun and the quiet flashlight noise seems to override the loud bullet noise.

If you wanted to bind it (which I haven`t), it would look something like this:

alias +mute_attack "+attack;impulse 100;"
alias -mute_attack "-attack;"
bind "x" "+mute_attack;"

Back