..by 2 to 1

oh and PS2 is on top by a whopping majority and ps3 is dead last

42% Playstation 2
17% Xbox
8% Xbox 360
5% Nintendo Game Cube
4% Nintendo Wii
1.5% Playstation 3

Seven years after its launch, Sony?s PS2 was still the most-played console, accounting for 42 percent of video game use during the month. Microsoft?s original Xbox took second place with 17 percent, followed by the Xbox 360 with 8 percent.

The numbers suggest that older machines remain popular despite last November?s high-profile debut of Nintendo Co.?s Wii and Sony?s PlayStation 3, which had 4 percent and 1.5 percent, respectively. Nintendo?s GameCube ranked fourth with 5.8 percent.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19963346/

there's a big untapped market of gamers still holding on to their old systems ..doesnt seem like they're all that eager to go next gen ..seems to me that the big three kind of lost sight of who their core audience is ..it's certainly not those willing to spend $500 on a console

they are eager to go next gen...they simply can'y afford it.that another issue me thinks.

I couldn't have afforded a 360 either I was lucky enough to get for Xmas.
otherwise I would still play GT3 instead of forza on the 360.

yeah price is a factor

thats why I still dont have one of the next

bring this thread back in a few years, it's too soon right now...

This isn't surprising at all. I like many others just bought my ps2 last year. A lot of people wait till near the end so they can buy the console which has the most games they like, games which are often on discount by that time. Also one important thing is reliability, matured consoles are often much more reliable and will last you longer, then early ones.

Nope, not surprising at all. Not with 140 million PS2s out there (or some such ridiculous figure). Not to mention how many incredible games came out for it in the last year or two--arguably some of the best games ever made imho.

And yeah, PS3 in last now, but I would love to see these figures after Holiday '08....

Personally I think the Ps3 will get better too with games like heavenly sword, lair, killzone 2, metal gear solid 4 and haze coming soon

*holds up flame shield*

something true is that the wii will need more that just puzzle games to keep in par whit the rest,since it looks like developers dont pay much atention to the wii and its potential

I don't think the numbers will drastically rise until developers stop developing last-gen games and get onto the current generation bandwagon.

Back