Convert from XSI to .3ds

archvilell

Reaction score
Can someone post a quick way to do this? Tomorrow I'm going to a virtual reality lab at a nearby college campus and the guy I talked to said the files he uses are .3ds. I know I can get my shotgun to a .3ds file somehow, but don't know the way. Any ideas?

I don't have 3ds Max. I was hoping I could get a free program to do that.

I downloaded it, but now I can't get XSI to export as anything but .xsi and Unwrap3D can't open .xsi.

archvilell said:
I downloaded it, but now I can't get XSI to export as anything but .xsi and Unwrap3D can't open .xsi.

Duh, you export as PSK with the actorX plugin for XSI and then you unwrap3d to open the PSK........you'll need o download the PSK plugin from Unwrap3d site......all extra plugins are not included.....

Also, I think you cannot save with Unwrap3d demo........

Other option is to use Milkshaoe3d to open DotXSI

To export as SMD you have to use the 'ValveSource' menu at the top. If it's not there you need to install it, it's in the SDK content or download the add-on from the softimage website

Eh, too late now. I already went to the camp. It turned out that they didn't get any of the other ones up on display, so it would have been a waste at that point in time. Thanks for the information though, someone else will probably like to know.

Archvilell

Back