Cookie & Milk contest (2D or 3D)

The Dark Elf

Reaction score
Ok here's the deal. Got the idea from this image by MikeL15
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17443

The challenge. To create a similar kind of scene, with cookies and a glass of milk. How it looks is upto you, how you do it is upto you, can use 3D or 2D methods or a mix of both. Be creative, don't just copy the above image :p Maybe change things a little, like the kind of cookies or a different drink or whatever

NO PHOTO'S!

NO STUPID ENTRIES OR A MOD WILL GIVE YOU A WARNING ;) :E

Obviously no prizes or anything, this is just a challenge for fun.

Try limit your posts to just images you've made, basically the same rules as the other challenge threads.

*Recoil thinks he's the winner already :p

Attachments

• milkncookies.JPG
    milkncookies.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 210
hmmmm....ok i'm in. One question: If we do a 3d one, can we touch it up in PS afterwards?

Sparta said:
hmmmm....ok i'm in. One question: If we do a 3d one, can we touch it up in PS afterwards?
can use 3D or 2D methods or a mix of both

So the answer is yes :)

Yeah i really should learn to read the actual posts instead of just the title of the thread. You'd think after nearly two years on this forum i'd learn.

Sparta said:
Yeah i really should learn to read the actual posts instead of just the title of the thread. You'd think after nearly two years on this forum i'd learn.
oh don't worry, Munro's been here from the start and he still doesn't read posts just titles ;)

milkandcookies.jpg

Meh, I could have spent more time on it. This was really just me being bored.

Vegeta that is sooo arty.

As I said before, I'm gonna learn maya over the weekend. I doubt I'll be able to make anything by the end of this week but maybe next week :).

<3

Is "arty" a good thing? :)

I am too lazy to learn any 3D programs. :/

Did you just make that?!??!?!

Grr... lol heres a quick something I just did...

Lol, isnt that good, but I was just kinda bored... my real submittion will be later.

Attachments

• MilknCookies.jpg
    MilknCookies.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 183
Good god, Fenric.

I bow to you.

-Mike, nice job on the glass of milk.

glass8.jpg

now with straw (its even one of those bendy ones with the bendy things in them)

note the milk thickness :)

[SARCASM]Omg TDE ur glas of milk SUCKS!!! I mean... it just looks sooo stupid because of how awsome and realistic it looks :p[/SARCASM]

What's the point in making a competition if you just go and win it yourself ;) Although talk about winning in style. That render is absoludely stunning. I never thought milk and cookies could be stunning!

I would make a picture, and I was going to, but I'm just not very inspired to draw milk and cookies :|

Actually... what if I make an idea imaginitive, instead of creating an imaginitive idea?

*thinks*

Killer cookies. Yes. Killer cookies and a giant robot glass... ho ho, I'm gonna have fun with this!

Those red lines are a little thick. (From what I am used to anyway)

vegeta897 said:
Those red lines are a little thick. (From what I am used to anyway)

If we're bieng nit-picky here, I'm going to give TDE a direct challenge...

to prove that you are the king of the universe, make the straw look like it's been chewed (A habit of mine when I was young). Go on. You know you want to.

TheSomeone said:
TDE no photos. :D

<3
Dammit, I was so thinking I was witty because I planned on saying that.

We need to give other people a chance and have some non-TDE comps :p

Hmm, sorry to kind of go offtopic, but I think.. A good contest idea would be to make the most annoying image. Non animated. I think it would be pretty tough... Challenging. To come up with something that is actually visually annoying.. Interesting...

Suicide42 said:
If we're bieng nit-picky here, I'm going to give TDE a direct challenge...

to prove that you are the king of the universe, make the straw look like it's been chewed (A habit of mine when I was young). Go on. You know you want to.

As requested :) (I still chew em hehe)

glass9.jpg

Bendy part is a little uhh, heheh, big... Then again, they might be that way in England... Or whatever...

vegeta897 said:
Bendy part is a little uhh, heheh, big... Then again, they might be that way in England... Or whatever...
had one sat next to me (was my masterplan to have an excuse to get a milkshake haha)

The Dark Elf said:
had one sat next to me (was my masterplan to have an excuse to get a milkshake haha)
Damn you, now I want one... Oh well. Back to pixel work.

Oh, and uhh... You say you have MSN messenger?

vegeta897 said:
Damn you, now I want one... Oh well. Back to pixel work.

Oh, and uhh... You say you have MSN messenger?
I say I have it yeah, but its a gamble catching me on it.

I need your consultance with this game! Don't die on me!

vegeta897 said:
I need your consultance with this game! Don't die on me!
just read through all the thread... cause i just wrote down all my idea's, and post about it in there not here, its getting confusing for me lol, im busy picking on Shippi's friends :p

Looks awesome, except the milk looks a little bit too thin though. Everything else looks awesome, but theres just something about the milk that doesnt look right.

And what program are you using?

Sparta said:
Looks awesome, except the milk looks a little bit too thin though. Everything else looks awesome, but theres just something about the milk that doesnt look right.

And what program are you using?
I might change it to another kind of drink

Lightwave for this, and FPrime www.worley.com all that refraction is too slow with the regular renderer.

The Dark Elf said:
I might change it to another kind of drink

Lightwave for this, and FPrime www.worley.com all that refraction is too slow with the regular renderer.
Damn, Worley make the greatest plug-ins for Lightwave. If only i had money and job (maybe not the job, i'd settle for the money instead).

Sparta said:
Damn, Worley make the greatest plug-ins for Lightwave. If only i had money and job (maybe not the job, i'd settle for the money instead).

Worley is brilliant, every plugin is useful. Just realised late last night that version 1.5 of FPrime had been released a short while ago, been playing with it this morning, soooo much faster, and improvements on how it deals with area shadows. I loves it!

It's meant to be milk, Korebolter.

How the hell can you fail so much. *Banned*

:)p)

MikeL15 said:
Did you just make that?!??!?!

Grr... lol heres a quick something I just did...

Lol, isnt that good, but I was just kinda bored... my real submittion will be later.

Wow, that is amazing, the cookies look edible :O

Danimal said:
It's meant to be milk, Korebolter.

How the hell can you fail so much. *Banned*

:)p)

:LOL: :LOL: hey dont knock my mama's home made blackcurrant

mmmmmm MM :E

Back