Cool animations

LIMP I JUST GOT IT TO WORK... the problem was that i created a folder in the materials folder called "serving" and put my vtf and vmt in there.. i just took them out into the main materials folder and it worked!!! Thank you for your constant help, otherwise i would have given up hope !!

yes all you need is the vmt and vtf files.
maybe its not a 32 bit tga? Or the sizes are a power of 2?
If neither of those is right I have no idea.

w00t!
Oh and to solve that problem you just could have put "serving\serving" next to "$Basetexture". Oh well, you figured it out in the end, and all is well.
Nice job

Yes, as Limpet stated, you could have fixed that by placing "serving/serving" in the "$baseTexture" parameter line. The "$baseTexture" parameter basically defines the path to the file used for the texture, starting from the materials folder. So if you were working on a mod and had various maps, you may want to structure your directories accordingly. For instance, you may have a folder in the materials folder with the name of your mod and then inside that folder you may have various folders for the different maps. If you had a setup like this, you would just have to change the "xene/scrolling" under the "$baseTexture" parameter to be "modname/map01/scrolling".

Hopefully that gives you a little more insight as to why it wasn't working before. Good job on figuring it out and nice work to Limpet for his continued support on the issue. ;)

Back