cooling for new computer

barnacle

Reaction score
will stock cooling be sufficient with no overclocking?
amd 64-fx53 socket 939 retail
visiontek x800xt pe
in a v2000a 7 fan case?

Without overclocking most stock cooling is usually good enough. I hear the X800 is fine, the AMD fx is probably going to be much better than the new Prescott's from Intel which would make it fine, and if its a 7 case fan I can't see how you could go wrong.

My A64 3000+ is actually OCed from 2GHz to 2.4GHz on stock cooling. Unless you are in an extreme environment (90+ room temp etc), stock is plenty to handle the cooling.

Also a tip, download the AMD driver and set power to min. to enable Cool&Quiet. ;)

The only thing is 7 case fans will be enough for your case to fly. And be loud enough to make you deaf.

Either buy some low noise fans or don't use all of them. In my opinion, 4 case fans should be more than enough. Depending on airflow you may be able to reduce that further.

it is not too late to change my case, it is the thing i have the most trouble choosing.

base it off of what you like. Most cases have more than enough cooling for anything you want. As long as you don't buy the cheapest cases, your case should have more than enough cooling.

Once you find one you like, post a link to it here and we will give feedback about it.

Looks pretty good. If possible, try and see it in person (maybe a local computer store) to get a really feel for it.

The only thing to note is that this case uses a combination of 80 mm and 90 mm case fans. It looks like it comes with all of the case fans you will need.

[Edit]: The $40 buys you aluminum. I personally love aluminum cases. If you have the money, I would get it.

I got a question its kinda on topic. I heard somewhere (dont remeber where) that it is recomended to have air coming into your case and going out at a 2:1 ratio (60cfm coming in 30 going out) Is this true? Right now I got 90CFM coming in and 60 going out and I always thought it was best to keep them as close as possible to each other 60cfm in and 60cfm out.

blackeye said:
I got a question its kinda on topic. I heard somewhere (dont remeber where) that it is recomended to have air coming into your case and going out at a 2:1 ratio (60cfm coming in 30 going out) Is this true? Right now I got 90CFM coming in and 60 going out and I always thought it was best to keep them as close as possible to each other 60cfm in and 60cfm out.

You want more intake than extake because of air pressure. If you have more intake, dust can't settle in the case. Don't focus on it too much because you need to make sure that your case has enough exhaust to get rid of all that hot air in your case.

so 90 coming in and 60 going out should be ok then.
BTW I got 3 80mm fans bringing air in (only one of them has an air filter because I cant figure our how to take apart the front end of my case) And I got 2 80mm fans bringing air into the PS then another 80mm fan bringing air out of the PS and then I got one 80mm fan exhausting air at the back of the case. I guess if dust still settles I can always clean it.

:) I get: CPU 40 C Idle and 52 Load(very bad), MOBO 35 idles and UP TO 47 C LOAD!!! GOD DAMN!!!

blackeye said:
so 90 coming in and 60 going out should be ok then.
BTW I got 3 80mm fans bringing air in (only one of them has an air filter because I cant figure our how to take apart the front end of my case) And I got 2 80mm fans bringing air into the PS then another 80mm fan bringing air out of the PS and then I got one 80mm fan exhausting air at the back of the case. I guess if dust still settles I can always clean it.

Having the perfect ration will not stop dust from collecting in your computer, only reduce it. That is why most people don't care too much.

Ditto CPu and OC ASUS.

But yeah, Stock usualy works fine. Depending how hard you push it.
I do plan to upgrade HSF in a few months, once i decided to take my athlon64 3000, to 2.6gigz :D

Back