Copying DVD to computer

blackeye

Reaction score
Anyone know of any software that I can use to copy a DVD to my computer. Yes I paid for the DVD so dont ask.

I use CladDVD or CladXP to rip it to my PC as VOB files. I can then open it with DVD2AVI and make AVI files (Divx/Xvid) or save a project and open that with TMPGEnc and create VCDs/CVDs/SVCDs.

I perfer the manual way rather than an AIW app just because I do this quite a bit and like control. ;) There's no need to do it manually just to quickly transfer DVD on PC I guess.
/shrug

DVD X Copy, you can even buy it at Wally World. But dont support Walmart go look for it somewhere else.

I second DVD XCOPY Platinum. Great app :)

DVD shrink is handy too - and free.

I've gotten as far as knowing how to rip the VOB files to my hard drive, but do you guys know a good program or process to copy back up dvd movies that keep the menus and chapters the same? I've figured out how to make a movie out of the VOB files but it's in like 7 or 8 big chunks so I'm only getting like 7 or 8 chapters to my movie.

DJ_Cheeba said:
DVD X Copy, you can even buy it at Wally World. But dont support Walmart go look for it somewhere else.

They've been shut down due to legal reasons, and are no longer sold at WalMart, though :(

Back