Corvette C6

Reaction score
Here's my current project. I'm designing a series of 7 body kits for the Corvette C6. This is the first one, and is called the Raptor. This one is a bit on the extreme end, but overall I'll be designing a variety of styles.

It's not Half Life 2 related, but I thought you all may be interested anyway. I may eventually create a modification of Half Life 2 allowing me to showcase my cars, but I'm not sure I'll be doing a public release of it. I'll probably only use it for videos.

1-60-016-800.jpg

1-60-020-800.jpg

1600x1200 Pictures HERE

whoa jesus! that 0wnz :thumbs: , how many polys is that dare I ask :D

OMG!!!!! It's one of the best renders I've ever seen!!!

I want one!!

Whoooa....

nice

what technics you used for the car body? boxmodeling?

Looks good! Could you post some wires, before Sub-D if you modeled it that way. Keep it up m8

can you pretty please show us render w/o the overglossy shine? To me it seems liek you're hiding errors of some sort. It's a decent render, although it doesn't show much of the detail of what you changed.

Sorry, but I'm not bought by the glossiness. Actually, that really turns me off. It is a technique inexperianced modelers use to hide details.

shows us a flatshaded model.

Your models are awsome but I don't like the shinyness :(

the repeating texture on the far wall lets down the image

Found this on your link to cgtalk
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114199

"----------Origional Post-----------
I'm going to be working on creating a 3D model of a 2005 Corvette C6. I am also going to be designing various styling options for the C6, which some of them will probably go into production. This Corvette will not be on the market until the fall of this year. I don't have any diagrams, and am mostly working off of reference pictures. It doesn't look like much yet (obviously), but I'm trying to set up a few dimensions before I start."

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure designing car bodies for production involves a LOT more work than just a NURBS model

can we some some of the contracts you've gotten? or name-drop at least :p

operative x said:
guys, guys, stop interrogating him.
Who's interrogating him? I just mentioned an obvious point that he could fix which would look much better and then went to look at the page he linked to and was curious about what he said. I always thought there was much more work involved in developing car body designs, along with all the testing and checks

I think he uses Rhino... not sure though.....

can we some some of the contracts you've gotten? or name-drop at least

(quested again to add emphasis)

Those are awesome, I actually like the shinyness and I can't get over the detail, sexeh.

Excellent model, too bad I hate corvettes with all of my soul.

Whoy do you hate corvettes .. how can someone hate corvettes. your gay? ;)

they look nice, but can we pretty, pretty please see the actual vehicle, and not the reflection of the light?

decides to do more work on the rear bumper, then hides it in shadow.....

Looking at your modelling, it looks very good. I am not a Corvette expert, but this is definitely well modelled. As for the renders, the gloss and reflection does not look very realistic. Cars reflect much less than that in real life, even when brand new and turtle waxed for 5 hours. Also, if you used a better ground texture it would look much more realistic.

How do I hate corvettes? I just do. No, I am not gay - I just notice that the overwhelming majority of corvette drivers are 50-year-old pompous ex-greaser ****s who have nothing better to do than weave in and out of traffic on the highway.

I am a Mustang Cobra driver. That said, I would rather drive a corvette than any import....

Oh, and to the guy who said that corevettes are pimp..... no. They are not. They are two seaters - can you fit prostitutes in the back seat? NO. Any 4 seater could potentially be a pimp car. Even a volvo. I hate when people say "ooh that's so pimp" NO IT'S NOT. DO YOU SEE PROSTITUTES? ARE WOMEN WHORING THEMSELVES OUT ONLY TO GIVE YOU THEIR MONEY? NO.

sorry sorry sorry :(

had a real stressful day. Lot's o' homework.

Man, you're such a good mod. you took the liberty to merge my posts and you weren't a dick about it.

Hey, catch me later, I'll buy ya a beer.

I'm sure there's a car underneath all that shine.

Back