Could Power SHortage Hit Seattle?

AgentXen

Reaction score
DO you think if there were a Power Shortage for several days in seattle it would delay HL2? Its all redy happend to major citys.

Well....maybe. On the other hand, Valve prolly has some backup generators, so maybe it wouldn't......

Yes, hl2 will be fully deleted becuase they never keep backups and the power will stay out for 2 months.

Originally posted by nw909
Yes, hl2 will be fully deleted becuase they never keep backups and the power will stay out for 2 months.

Damn....
lol

haha, yeh all software places have at least cheap-o battery backups so they can save thier stuff and shutdown

by the way, im in Bergen County NJ, 15min away from NYC and somehow I have power, I hope it lasts,

I have cheap battery bakc up. It keeps all of the things connected to my computer on for 17 Mins.
I Hope Nothing like that happens to Houston. (maybe its the y2k bug 3 yrs 9 months late)

Actually this is a sign from God, Buddha, Allah, etc.

We are all gonna die!!!

This is like Terminator 3! There's a computer virus on the internet right now and the electricity is ****ed! OH MY GOD!!!!!

Originally posted by nw909
Actually this is a sign from God, Buddha, Allah, etc.

We are all gonna die!!!

what if you dont belive in any of that crap?

ALIENS

If this keeps on going there will be a lot of spoiled food....

Originally posted by Frank
This is like Terminator 3! There's a computer virus on the internet right now and the electricity is ****ed! OH MY GOD!!!!!

****! SkyNet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We Are ****ed!! No More Half-Life 2 !!!!!!

The Combine is Attacking

1st they created a virus that will terminate alot of human communications
2nd they will take the power
3rd they will enslave you
4rd they will take all resources

When my battery backup kicks in I still have over an hour left even with a 19" monitor (though, I usually lower the brightness to save an extra bit of power)... and I can't remember one time in the last few years that the power has stayed out that long where I live.
... and I hook up my cable modem to the backup so I can usually (unless the cable provider was also hit... but it has only been out for a total of a few hours in the last 4 years I have had it) keep on playing online games like nothing happened.

I also have a lamp (in case the power goes off in the middle of the night), a little 13" TV, an XBox, and a GameCube (sitting next to my monitor) hooked up to the backup (though I don't use the computer and a console at the same time if I'm running off the battery).

It was $150 but it was worth it.

Originally posted by Slash
OMG SKYNET IS TAKING OVER!!! THE END IS NEAR!!!!

WE ARE ALL F U C K E D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKYNET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefuly some "Rage" Virus wont brake out, like in London.(From the Movie "28 Days Later") The city was Diserted. And It Was Pitched Black at Night.

All these Major Cities Will Be PITCH BLACK at Night.

Ya even if a power-grid problem in the NE could somehow spread thousands of miles to WA and even if it did stay out for days and not hours like it is going to it still wouldnt effect HL2.

Originally posted by SirMcNugget
Ya even if a power-grid problem in the NE could somehow spread thousands of miles to WA and even if it did stay out for days and not hours like it is going to it still wouldnt effect HL2.
What if it stays out for 3 weeks?

or...til september 30th? OMG! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It's not a terrorist attack I just got my power back now. RELAX OMG ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD IT WAS NOT ALIENS IT WAS A POWER SURGE AT A MAJOR POWER PLANT. My god how many threads do I have to post this in.

Expect a few more newbs to log on and immediatly post a new rumor called "OMFG POWER OUTAGE DELAYS HL2!!

Stupid newbies. Why Dossent the Admin Just Delete the rest of the Topics That have someting to do wiht Power Outage. Easy As that.

1) Seattle is West-coast, power outages are on East-coast.
2) In Belgium there's a big ISP called Skynet. Luckily, I use Teleslut...err I mean Telenet :p

My Species formed it many cycles ago It has been only recently copied here on Earrth

Because you've got 10 truckloads of lemons in your basement?

Nah, because I dont know why, for some reason my neighboorhood is not on the same stuff as alot of the surrounding area. For example when my friends houses go out from storms or something mine dosent.

It would be hilarious if that movie 28 Days Later came out yesterday, and a whole lot of people saw it. Then the power goes out today... There would be panic just because of that.

I am in Seattle and I didn't even realize there was any power outage problems in the US until about 15 minutes ago. It definately is not effecting us.

Half the people hit are Canadians.

But "Power outage across East Coast" doesn't have as much kick when you have to add "Unaffected areas: The East Coast".

Or, for our non-native English speakers:

It was a slow news day and no-where that matters got hit.

Originally posted by AgentXen
DO you think if there were a Power Shortage for several days in seattle it would delay HL2? Its all redy happend to major citys.

this thread makes my brain hurt.

Re: Re: Could Power SHortage Hit Seattle?

Originally posted by zdub
this thread makes my brain hurt.

Try this one.

Do you think if there was a Power Shortage for several days in Seattle, it would delay HL2? It has alredy happend in major citys.

Back