Countdown thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Ninjer

Ello,

I did search before making this thread but i didn't see any countdown thread.
Unfortunately i do not have the power to name it Official countdown thread, Seeing as i am not an admin on these forums :).
Anyhow, Practically it's only a few weeks 'til hl2, End of summer ends 21st september, And if i recall correctly (correct me if i'm wrong) they said their planning on releasing HL2 near the end of summer.

I dont know if its too soon or too late for a thread like this, If it is just remove\close it and perhaps someone else will start one at the appropriate time!

Ninjer

This is why we can't have nice things.

There is no given release date, so a countdown thread is pointless.

I really wish we could have one.
But I'm sorry to say SaltyCrackers is right.
With release dates like "uhh..summer?" you can't really do anything.

Anyways, just kick back, rent some movies and console games. Go wild. And before you know it it'll be out.

Well, I dont really see the point of a countdown thread at all. So I vote in favor of not having one. Who's with me?

Besides, isn't the whole point of these forums, what we do waiting for HL2? And if we arent doing this then we are doing other crap. So there ya have it...

I'm with you and simultaneously not with you.

Hmmm, i didn't quite think about those things.. :eek:

edit- It's so hard for me and many users to wait, So i kidna thought we could support each other by saying stuff like it's only a few weeks (which it pretty much is).
I severely doubt it will be more than 5\6 weeks before this game will come out.
But then again, That's basically opinionated.

/me carries on waiting and waiting and waiting :( I would kiss a horse butt to have a 1 level MP demo :angel:

Summer goes until the 21st of September so logically that is our release date. Anything past that and we enter a "point of no return"

Make the Date the 21st so we will be happy when it comes out before.

A True Canadian said:
Summer goes until the 21st of September so logically that is our release date. Anything past that and we enter a "point of no return"
Make the Date the 21st so we will be happy when it comes out before.
Well, I fear "logic" has nothing to do with it. And, once again, it needs to be stated that Valve are aiming for a summer release, and that seems more and more tentative every time they're asked about it.
Exactly whaddya mean "point of no return"? Personally I'll be happy whenever it comes out. I've given up hanging on release dates; I can't even picture the reality of me genuinely playing the game, but it's been that way since day one, so...

Synthaxx R-or said:
I really wish we could have one.
But I'm sorry to say SaltyCrackers is right.
With release dates like "uhh..summer?" you can't really do anything.

Anyways, just kick back, rent some movies and console games. Go wild. And before you know it it'll be out.
Damn, guess that means I need to buy a console... :(

Wait until we get a release date, then someone can make a thread like this..

I'd love to see this in August. A date like August 24th sounds good to me, that way I don't have to buy Doom 3 as it is just a tie-over game for HL2.

el Chi said:
A date like 12th July sounds good to me...

I went to my local EB to get my preorder and the guy was all like "yeah man it comes out sept. 2" and I'm all up in his face with "stfu noob you retailers know sh*t" and he was like "dude je suis serious, it says right her3 on the compoter" and I was like "just gimme my receipt you parfhead". And then I stormed outta there and blew it up.

six three, you've really gotta cut down on the drugs man. and stop speaking quebec trash-french! :D

Six Three said:
I went to my local EB to get my preorder and the guy was all like "yeah man it comes out sept. 2" and I'm all up in his face with "stfu noob you retailers know sh*t" and he was like "dude je suis serious, it says right her3 on the compoter" and I was like "just gimme my receipt you parfhead". And then I stormed outta there and blew it up.

LOL! :LOL:

:cheers:

It's true though, EB games don't know shit... I went to ask for the release date, and than he started to talk to me about the ''new'' HL2 multiplayer: CS2... I just went away...

Edit:
NeonSpyder said:
six three, you've really gotta cut down on the drugs man. and stop speaking quebec trash-french!

Québec-Trash-French, rocks!! lol

I'm like HalfLifeRadio: People Like Me

what...the...crap. six three is on the whacky sauce. lets quickly tie him down so he doesnt spread his evil anywhere.

/me smacks SixThree around a bit with a pink Macintosh.

How can we have a countdown thread without a date to count down to? Maybe later when Valve is ready to release.

-=closed=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back