Counter Strike 2??

He@t!

Reaction score
I am hoping that HL2 will come out on sept 30th like everyone else.But when do u think CS2 will come out after hl2 will be released? 1-2 months 3-5 6-8 months?

Originally posted by He@t!
I am hoping that HL2 will come out on sept 30th like everyone else.But when do u think CS2 will come out after hl2 will be released? 1-2 months 3-5 6-8 months?

Minh works out of his home in Canada...go visit him sometime and ask

who knows. but hopefully they still start out with small betas like they did with CS. and we can go through the whole cycle again of complaining that the new version of CS2 sucks compared to the older version :p ah good times

I just hope they dont get progressivly worse after version 5.2 like cs1 did.

Originally posted by poseyjmac
and we can go through the whole cycle again of complaining that the new version of CS2 sucks compared to the older version
Originally posted by Homer
I just hope they dont get progressivly worse after version 5.2 like cs1 did.
I think you just proved his point :p

I like your sig snakebyte.

I still hold the fact that HL2 will ship with CS2. High hopes! =D

Originally posted by TheOriginalEvil
I like your sig snakebyte.

I still hold the fact that HL2 will ship with CS2. High hopes! =D
Heh, glad you just edited your post so it has something to do with the topic. :) Umm, thanks... but do you mean avatar? I have no sig!

I doubt CS2 will be released with HL2. I have a feeling it'll take a while longer to finish. :/

Edit: Now I actually have a sig. ;)

If cs2 actually came with hl2 i dont think i could handle all that ownage.

Personally, I doubt it. Do you know how much more profit could be made by releasing them seperately?

Just sucks that the box version of hl2 wont be out at all locations on sept30th... :( only the steam version.

Valve has no control of the physical shipping of the game. It may take 2-5 days before we get it out to the stores after the release, depending on where you live. This delay will not happen to the steam version.

cs2 will not come with hl2. i hope they dont make cs any worse than it already is. 1.6 sux. anyways, i think that cs2 will come out like 8months to a year after hl2.

True, but at least it gives me time to save up:p

CS2 would be good, ive got my money on a standalone about 4-6 months later

Soon. That's all we really know. Valve has been working on CS2 for a long time (since 2000 or 2001 I believe). That's a good two or three years, which is really more then enough time for such a game (unless they're making a single player campaign with a real storyline, which might be interesting).

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some form of CS was included in HL2, though.

If Valve has been working on CS2 since 2000 or 2001 it should be soon!!

guys, I hear a lot of people say ooh DoD2, CS2, NS2 etc...
but just imagine whats going to be original and innovative with source.
it would be cool to see the continuation of those mods.
but personally I cant wait to see what the future brings. I have spoken with a number of groups of potential modders, and some of thier concepts are mind-blowing.

I would like to see DoD2 as well. I wonder if the group behind it were also given the mod tools early as well.

All I say is keep CS2 like 1.5 just with better graphics.

Originally posted by Heitai
I would like to see DoD2 as well. I wonder if the group behind it were also given the mod tools early as well.
yep they were long ago, in fact it was one of the first comfirmed mod groups to have it.

Originally posted by Tr0n

then you get the same whining as with ut2k3 , that its just the same with better graphics

Originally posted by Tr0n

[rant]
Ummmm... Hell no!!! CS as it is right now is fine, but CS2 had better be different!! There had better be an assload of guns(lie in ravenshield), leaning around corners, going prone, and a variety of other features.....but with better graphics, physics, character models, and gameplay. Oh yeah, it had also better be realistic. No more of this running around with 20 bullets inside of me crap, and the damn nuclear grenade had better kill if you are withing its kill radius, they should also remove the freaking explosion from the grenade!! An actual grenade does not create a freaking fireball the size of a small nuclear explosion!! It should flash and send lots of shrapnel everywhere and leave a cloud of smoke. I also hope they make the flashbang more like the one in Ravenshield. Actually they should make the whole damn thing more like Ravenshield except that it's CS and not Rvs... And don't tell me to go play RvS because I am already playing it. I gave up CS for RvS....
[/rant]

Anyway I still like CS, but its gotten quite boring all of the sudden. Hopefully CS2 will be more attention keeping. I could sure use a thickburger from Hardees right about now.

Ummmm... Hell no!!! CS as it is right now is fine, but CS2 had better be different!! There had better be an assload of guns(lie in ravenshield), leaning around corners, going prone, and a variety of other features.....but with better graphics, physics, character models, and gameplay. Oh yeah, it had also better be realistic. No more of this running around with 20 bullets inside of me crap, and the damn nuclear grenade had better kill if you are withing its kill radius, they should also remove the freaking explosion from the grenade!! An actual grenade does not create a freaking fireball the size of a small nuclear explosion!! It should flash and send lots of shrapnel everywhere and leave a cloud of smoke. I also hope they make the flashbang more like the one in Ravenshield. Actually they should make the whole damn thing more like Ravenshield except that it's CS and not Rvs... And don't tell me to go play RvS because I am already playing it. I gave up CS for RvS....

Not to sound rude, but CS isn't Ravenshield. It's not meant to be totally realistic, it's more of an action/strategy (with emphasis on action) hybrid then anything else. By taking away the core action elements and trying to make it more of a slow, strategy based game, Valve will be alienating the fans who actually enjoy the way CS is currently played. It's made to be an adrenaline rush, a game where anything can happen. Take away its best features and you're left with another CS wannabe.

I thought they said a few months ago that the DoD team hadn't started on DoD2 yet... but I might have been thinking of another mod.

Originally posted by Joneleth
Not to sound rude, but CS isn't Ravenshield. It's not meant to be totally realistic, it's more of an action/strategy (with emphasis on action) hybrid then anything else. By taking away the core action elements and trying to make it more of a slow, strategy based game, Valve will be alienating the fans who actually enjoy the way CS is currently played. It's made to be an adrenaline rush, a game where anything can happen. Take away its best features and you're left with another CS wannabe.

Gee, like i didn't know that already. Didn't notice the '[rant][/rant]' didja?

Gee, like i didn't know that already. Didn't notice the '[rant][/rant]' didja?

I certainly did notice, I just wanted to voice my opinion. CS2 must be like the original CS is Valve wants to continue making money on the CS franchise.

I hope it's not like the original CS. I've never been so sick of anything in my life. Heck, I hope they don't even make a CS2. Put modding skills to use on something new.

Agree with some dude above. CS was best before the beta 5.2. When v1.0 was out, all that was CS was gone. Now it sucks totaly. (imo, so don't flame please 12-year-old-cs-players) :)

Edit: And btw, i hope you have to pay A LOT of money to play CS. Muahahaha!

who cares about CS? Surely not me anymore since Valve is being a punk about it and making it a 'different' game when it is just porting it on another engine. Im just looking forward on any of the MODs that resemble CS.

IM CANADIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT .... you know what means? that I get CS2 early ;)

Back