Counter-Strike: Source Benchmarked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulj

Hey guys, has anyone seen these new benchmarks from VR-Zone Hardware?

Check that out: http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=1181&s=1

"The R420 based cards that we saw were able to give the best performance at high resolutions with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering enabled, and therefore I do have confidence in saying that the ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition will be the fastest graphics card for games based on the Source Engine, particularly Half Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source."

Time to buy a Radeon X800 Platinum Edition :cool:

yeah or you could get one off ebay for £20

*cough* frickinlie *cough*

well good thing that i ordered an asus ax800 xt card today. it is just the x800 xt platinum branded by asus, and comes with many extra goodies. the best being... cs condition zero!

so essentially getting an asus ax800 xt card gets you into the cs source beta!! w00t im in once my card arrives... on FRIDAY YAY :D

serum.157 said:
well good thing that i ordered an asus ax800 xt card today. it is just the x800 xt platinum branded by asus, and comes with many extra goodies. the best being... cs condition zero!

so essentially getting an asus ax800 xt card gets you into the cs source beta!! w00t im in once my card arrives... on FRIDAY YAY :D

Where did you buy an x800XT that was in stock?

www.ncix.com

they are based in the vancouver area and are in my opinion one of the very best computer stores in canada. they carry pretty much everything.

you can easily purchase a x800 pro card from ncix from all the manufacturers, and the x800 xt cards are coming in slowly right now.

oh yea, and they also ship the the U.S. They do North American orders only though. (Canada/U.S.)

My Sapphire X800 Pro VIVO is on the way....I'll be modding it to 16 pipes and hopefully ramping her to (near) XT speeds to!

Fandabidozé :cheers:

Every card would be a good choice... Except the 6800 NU. I guess CS:S isn't very taxing, I guess that's a good thing.

At this year's E3, Valve showed off the multiplayer portion of Half Life 2, better known as Counter-Strike: Source.

Well, looks like I'm going to have to test either the single player demo of HL2, or have to test Counterstrike: Source, cause I hate the original counterstrike. The idea of it is great, but I think the game itself sucks... Source better have a whole different feel, or I won't be buying HL2, I'd play the single, then I'd be pretty much done...

the 6800nu sucks at higher resolutions, but if you are one that runs 1024x768, its a great choice

I am going to get the 6800 ultra, will probably run it whit 4x AA and 8x AF and out perform an x800xt. 1024x768 :p

dangerousdarrin said:
At this year's E3, Valve showed off the multiplayer portion of Half Life 2, better known as Counter-Strike: Source.

Well, looks like I'm going to have to test either the single player demo of HL2, or have to test Counterstrike: Source, cause I hate the original counterstrike. The idea of it is great, but I think the game itself sucks... Source better have a whole different feel, or I won't be buying HL2, I'd play the single, then I'd be pretty much done...

Mods.

Yup.

dangerousdarrin said:

Argh, f*cking, argh. CS:S != (does not equal) HALF-LIFE 2's MP!!!!!!!!!!1~3`4`44`4

Andy said:
yeah or you could get one off ebay for £20

*cough* frickinlie *cough*

Maybe one that will break in two days.

But anyway, just a heads up, don't think the Nvidia cards are bad. In fact, they are really good. But so are the x800s. Many people would agree that the x800 pro is kind of beat out by the 6800-GT, which is the same price, so if you can't afford an x800 XT PE, I'd suggest going for the GT.

How the f*ck would you know SubKamran? None of us know, but at the moment it's looking pretty unlikely that HL2 will have any other MP aspect. Time will tell.

i am willing to buy a radeon x800 xt platinum if anyoen can find me a place to buy one. pay up to 600 for it i suppose

I wish they showcased some mid to lower end cards and tested their performance because my 9700 pro never gets put into benchmarks, let alone alot of cards. All the benchmarks are with the newest, fastest cards and we already know how they are going to do.

Wow it's like 2 FPS difference between all the cards except the NU.

WTF is up with the 6800 Ultra's AA?!?

the 5950 is as smooth as ATI's, but the 6800 looks like none is applied at all! What gives with that?

omg!! X800 XT's roxxor GeForce 6800 Ultra's, look! There's a 7 FPS difference @ 1600x1200 with 4 x AA and 8 x AF...

OWNED

:rolleyes:

Bah, I'm asking about why the AA on the 5950 looks so much better then the 6800 Ultra. that makes NO sence.

Biozeminade said:
Mods.

Yup.

A lot of people rely on mods, I sure don't. They take too long to come out. The really good ones, especially if you expect me to buy it for mods from counterstrike, it'd be atleast 3 months until a total conversion comes out. I won't be playing it then. I would lose all interest, as I don't play the same game for 3 months, as opposed to some people that play the same game for 2 years...

Just as I thought pretty much neck and neck for the 6800 Ultra and the X800XT PE. I am so glad I chose the 6800 Ultra OC cause it is gonna own in CS:S and HL2.

It would be nice if they actualy benchmarked cards the other 99% of the gaming community have.

knowing that the X800 runs cs:s isnt exactly helpful.

im thinking

Geforce cards
Fx's
9000's
Xt's

etc..

It isn't really that good a benchmark, it is quite clear that it is cpu limited in just about all but the last test. They needed to run more higher res tests to see some real differences in the cards.

Ya kind of ironic how they have a 9800p but didn't bother to benchmark.

as i thought 6800u/gt are still better deals than x800's... almost the same fps in hl2 but alooot more fps in doom3 and with ps3 and digital vibrance.

nutcrackr said:
It isn't really that good a benchmark, it is quite clear that it is cpu limited in just about all but the last test. They needed to run more higher res tests to see some real differences in the cards.
Or maybe run benchmarks for cards that actually need benchmarking. :rolleyes:

Letters said:
Or maybe run benchmarks for cards that actually need benchmarking. :rolleyes:

Lol, yah, that's true...they needed 9600XT, Pro, 9200, etc. :p

Why do you need AA and AF at 1600x1200?

I'm liking my 6800, a really good deal.

Hey guys yeah I wrote that article, if you would have read it through it really is an article comparing NV40 vs R420 (6800 vs X800)... Tomorrow I'll be posting the mid-ranged and low end portion.

I appreciate your feedback I'm trying to write good reviews here :)

A2597 said:
Bah, I'm asking about why the AA on the 5950 looks so much better then the 6800 Ultra. that makes NO sence.

I noticed that myself hopefully either a driver issue or user issue. Apparently the author of the article completely missed it. I would say at this point any benchmarks based on the cs:s beta are somewhat pointless. There might be graphical options which aren't available in the beta like hdr and such where the performance deltas could vary greatly for both cards. He said himself that Hl2 itself might paint a very different picture. Maybe any gaps evident now may just get deeper especially in certain single player moments during the game. Oh well we probably will know more soon.

paulj said:
Hey guys yeah I wrote that article, if you would have read it through it really is an article comparing NV40 vs R420 (6800 vs X800)... Tomorrow I'll be posting the mid-ranged and low end portion.

9800 seems to be a popular card that people who setup for this game have, more on that please.

paulj said:

+prays the Geforce 3 or equivelant is benchmarked+

;O!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back