Counter Strike: Source on Mac, 66% off

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
1277319324_cssbanner.png
[br]A new update has now added CSS to the constantly growing Steam Play library, which includes games that can be played on both PC and Mac. This update has also added achievements, stats, engine updates and all the other features that were present in the beta.[br] Counter Strike: Source is also now available for 66% off on Steam, which is only available for the next two days. You can see the entire update page, with a full list of updates, here.

Eeeexcellent. I'm glad this update is out now. I just hope HPE don't stop support for it.

Gonna get this for my bro and the Deus Ex collection, only just over $10 total!

This is why I love Valve. This game was released 6 years ago, back in 2004. Now, in 2010, it's received the biggest update in the history of the game and is still one of the most played PC games there is. And it's free.

THIS is developer support. Not Infinity Ward and Activision reselling old maps for $15.

Indeed! All these updates bring it right in line with the shiny technology which TF2 sports (hey where are the hats!?). It's terrific to see both PC owners getting a lot from this update as well as tapping into a load of new players on Mac. Major shot in the arm for the CSS community.

Are there still some people here who are up for some Trouble in Terrorist Town?
I'd really love to play it(no CSS) but I'm a bit afraid I'm the only one and I have no interest for CSS itself.

This update is what's going to get me back into playing CS:S.

Anyone got problems with the update tonight?

"The Steam Servers are currently busy", even with the update and the game installed

I originally thought it was because of corrupt files so I verified, only to get upto 10%

I can't even reinstall because the message pops up :|

Glad they updated it, good to see they are still supporting it :D

Wow what a great update! New graphics and the achievements are made very well for once. Usually the achievements are something you are supposed to do to continue and act as a progress meter for statistical use rather than achievements.

The World is Great Agaaaiin!! :D

Indeed! All these updates bring it right in line with the shiny technology which TF2 sports (hey where are the hats!?). It's terrific to see both PC owners getting a lot from this update as well as tapping into a load of new players on Mac. Major shot in the arm for the CSS community.
Quite so, good fellow, quite so. Well said.

! Valve released something on time ! A week ago they said next week

Well, now that Source is officially retarded and terrible I guess all the pub players are happy. Seriously, this game has been exclusively for the competitive community for the past three years, they shouldn't have touched it. Take a page out of S2's or Blizzards book and balance (in this case, leave the **** alone) the game for competitive players.

Well, now that Source is officially retarded and terrible I guess all the pub players are happy. Seriously, this game has been exclusively for the competitive community for the past three years, they shouldn't have touched it. Take a page out of S2's or Blizzards book and balance (in this case, leave the **** alone) the game for competitive players.

Heheh, 'competitive gaming'.

Source is not retarded how did you come to that conclusion, because it's upgraded to Orange Box? That doesn't mean source is retarded, it means people's Pentium 3's are retarded. I am actually curious what it is you think made source retarded.

Also realize that more people play this game "casually or Pub" I would say upwards of 90% of the playerbase doesn't play in competitive matches, yet they have logged as many or even more hours than those who do. So this game is not exclusive to the competitive community, it never was and it never will be. To assume that Valve or any company would cater to the minority simply because the minority feels like it's more important is very arrogant.

Valve updates the game to give it some new life and people act as though they have been done a great disservice.

What did they do to my beloved game? It's buggy as hell

Source is not retarded how did you come to that conclusion, because it's upgraded to Orange Box? That doesn't mean source is retarded, it means people's Pentium 3's are retarded. I am actually curious what it is you think made source retarded.

Also realize that more people play this game "casually or Pub" I would say upwards of 90% of the playerbase doesn't play in competitive matches, yet they have logged as many or even more hours than those who do. So this game is not exclusive to the competitive community, it never was and it never will be. To assume that Valve or any company would cater to the minority simply because the minority feels like it's more important is very arrogant.

Valve updates the game to give it some new life and people act as though they have been done a great disservice.

He means CS:S is retarded, not the Source engine.

so like, I downloaded beta a while ago and now I still gotta dl the gig and a bit update anyway? stupid.

and yeah the new update does suck for competitive css. seriously it plays so retarded, scoping everything feels different the height of the player man so annoying and will definitely be deactivating the achievments/nemesis and "deathcam" straight away. so fail

I can see all the excited faces on the eleven year old kids in my head.
Where's my hammer.

Back