Counterstike Source on LAN

Hypertony

Reaction score
Is there a way to play this game with my friends on LAN? (i.e. LAN Gaming Night)

Thanks,

Tony

if they own the game and you either have a machine to run dedicated server or one of you runs listenserver

BigWalnutZ, That only works on CS 1.5, (maybe 1.6) but this is for Counter Strike: Source..

I think the only way is to connect to the internet and then let CS:Soruce connect to Steam (running the steam engine) then you should be able to host your own LAN game, but if you don't have access to the Net then you are fu*ked.

As you need Steam to play otherwise CS: Source won't let you play at all.. Unless anyone has found a way around this? (Some kind of proxy or patch, to emulate the steam connection and let you load up the game)

there is a patch for LAN.
it believe its a rewritten steam.dll
after installing the patch it removes the original steam.dll, make sure to make a bakup and put it back for online gaming.
cant tell you where to get it but you'll find it if you really want it.
it's called CSSource.LAN.Patch-Burner

Any one else noticed how smooth cs:s runs on lan?

had a quick game with my mate the other day and it didnt lag or jerk once. Normaly when i play online i get around a 50 - 70 ping and its really noticable.

Carnage_333 said:
Any one else noticed how smooth cs:s runs on lan?

had a quick game with my mate the other day and it didnt lag or jerk once. Normaly when i play online i get around a 50 - 70 ping and its really noticable.

But you still need internet access in order to play LAN game, right?

We won't have internet access when we host the LAN Gaming.

I don't think the patch that kawasabi mention doesn't even exists... but if it does, PM me where I can find it.

kawasabi said:
there is a patch for LAN.
it believe its a rewritten steam.dll
after installing the patch it removes the original steam.dll, make sure to make a bakup and put it back for online gaming.
cant tell you where to get it but you'll find it if you really want it.
it's called CSSource.LAN.Patch-Burner
not a patch there stud muffin...if it was wpould have been out thru steam...crack is more like it.

then crack it is :)
you dont have to connect to internet to play over lan with this crack.

just start a normal server and open the console and type sv_lan 1
that should do it for you.

Back