Covers

LOSER... I will know when HL2 is being stamped. Everything else is trash. TRash I tell you.

Let's Do Some Math!

Ownzed said:
It's ugly..too plain and orange. But did anyone notice it says 4 cd? It's only 3... :rolleyes:

Where did you find out that it's only 3?

Let's do some math. So far, we have 3 preloads for HL2, right? Right...

base source shared materials.gcf = 1,068,909KB
base source shared models.gcf = 469,944KB
base source shared sounds.gcf = 995,492KB

Total = 2,534,345KB = 2.41GB

2,534,345KB divided by 1024 = 2474.95MB
2474.95MB divided by 700MB (Each Disc) = 3.54

So clearly then, we can see that so far it exceeds 3 and a half CDs as it is. Now you may be right in there being only 3CDs, if they super-compress everything. But even then it may not bring it down to 3, considering how we don't even have all of the data preloaded yet. That's my thought on the matter.

I like the phrase *more ways to die more reasons to live*. I can see it now Half Life 2 starring Gordan Freeman first they destroyed his Research Facility *sound of explosion in the backround* Then they killed his friends "Hey i'll buy you that bear after my shift Gun shot* Now hes back and this time its Personal DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN Half-Life 2 The Reckoning.

Also, the links on the box lead to seirra.com/halflife2, which is the old hl2 site. :)

From Gabe's keyboard, Jun 24 2004:
Half-Life 2 is about 3.5 GB uncompressed and about 2 GB compressed. This doesn't include CS:Source, HL-1:Source, DoD:Source, the SDK, or whatever. It's just the straight HL-2 sizes.
There you have it.

Back