Crackling Sound?

D

Devilfish

I'm running off onboard sound on an Abit NF7-S V2, all sounds are crackly, as if i'm listening to them on the other end of a phone.

I've tried changing sound quality settings, no luck, any ideas?

I've had the same prob and found out that its the Vid card overheating, try changing some of the settings in there.

It may sound weird having a sound prob from a video cause but the saem thing happened to me on Halo, crackling, jumpy gameplay. Even though this was happening the game was geting high fps and only stopped cracking when looking in another direction, it got fixed by turning the bit depth down and some other settings to medium. I've not tried it on cs: s yet but give it a go anyway.

I've been getting the same crackling noise and such even on medium quality. I have a Audigy LS.

I had that problem with onboard sound in CS 1.6, try turning Surround Sound on and off (or vice versa)

Hope that helps :)

I seriously hope my brand new X800 pro isn't overheating, although if it is then I suppose that gives me an excuse to return it for an XT :p

Cheers for the replies i'll give the surround sound thing a whirl when i get home from work.

I have the same problem, the only way to fix it is to play the game in mat_dxlevel 70. that solves the problem, although you will get not see all the eye candy thats in dxlevel 90. I am just waiting for valves next patch and hope they fix this.

Onboard audio=bad.

I would suggest getting a real audio card.

Back