Crash after 1-2 minutes of playing

N

NeXiLe

First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum or if this has been solved elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

Anyways, I didn't even know HL2 DM was out until today.. so I installed it and played it.. after about a minute of playing, it just crashed (and came up with that little error report, send/don't send thing) Ok, whatever, no big deal.

I open DM up again, seems to be going smoothly, after about another minute, I crash again. I've tried twice more since then and it seems to have lasted a little longer the last time but I'm getting annoyed since I don't have the best computer and it takes a little while to open, join a server, crash and repeat;p

I can play HL2 just fine, and I know it's not my antivirus, I permitted it the same as I would for anything else and they all work fine, thanks for any help.

What a day to discover DM... It's most likely the steam update (that was also released + forked everything up today)

Welcome to Halflife2.net, and pray that Steam can recover itself :p

A Steam update forked everything up today. Just let Valve work the bugs out.

Heh, it fixed itself, I'm guessing you won't believe this but I had a 20 second update last time I started the game and it didn't crash after that=\ anyways, I prefer cs:source to HL DM :p

i have the same problem but mine has not fixed it self
any suggestions?

-monkey

I managed to get in one server since the update and nothing since, the screen just freezez on receiving server info. I didnt even know there was an update. What can i do now, do as steam say and update video drivers or wait and see if they can sort their mistakes out?

Edit: Oh, okay, I just wanted to see if it turned it into fork.

****ed ...hmm.

NeXiLe said:
Heh, it fixed itself, I'm guessing you won't believe this but I had a 20 second update last time I started the game and it didn't crash after that=\ anyways, I prefer cs:source to HL DM :p
You are just lucky it isn't crashing. It is random, and it is for all Half-Life 2/Mod games from what I have read.

I think that patch was actually something to do with the gameinfo.txt that was messed up with 3rd party mods after the patch because they seem to work ok now.

Back