crash when try to search through props

Jay9475

Reaction score
When I make an kind of prop entity and click the 'browse' button hammer crashes and closes itself, this is a problem as I was obvioulsy planning on using some more props in my mod, strangely enough the props that are in there already work fine, so I suppose there must be something ****ed with the actual browsing, not the models themselves,

any help welcome,

-J

BUMP

He's not the only one having this problem

This has happened to me before, seemingly out of nowhere. I think what causes it is having your directory already open in a browser while you are in hammer. I just tried it with hl2:dm and it crashed, so I assume that it's part of the problem.

EDIT: Turns out the method I posted didn't work for me, so I tried again and finally got it working. What I did was I hit refresh SDK content (which may or may not have done anything) and then I went into my hl2mp/models and deleted some unneccesary models. I closed the folder and tried hammer again, and the browse models window worked. If this doesn't work for you try switching between 'current games' in the SDK. Hope this helps.

This happened to me, but only when I opened a specific folder within it. I don't think it is actually the same problem now that I think of it, because the folder contained HL models updated to the source engine.

Ohhh crap I spoke too soon. It happens with props_lab too. Not just in hammer it also happens in model viewer. Shit! Does ANYONE know how to fix this? And no the folder isn't open or anything.

Back