Cross your fingers...

chrisuk27

Reaction score
Discovery is on its way back to Earth this morning.
Here's hoping all goes well :D

i really hope it goes well, for the astronauts and a bit of a selfish reason, partly. If this one goes badly, the delays will be HUGE in space development as a whole, and i'll never get to see the earth from space- something i've always wanted to do (like everyone else im sure) before me carks it. (i.e. in the next 50 years or so)

When I first glanced at your name...I thought it said Chuck Norris.

Fingers crossed in three...two...one...mark.

Too late! Delayed until tommorrow, i believe. If Fox News is telling the truth...

OMFG ANOTHER DELAY!!11
OMFG DOSE DIS REMIND ANY1 OF VALVE AND HL2 LOLOLOLOLOLO...

Ahem.
I'll be tuning in on it, I'm rather interested in how the public will respond if it's a success.

I sure hope it all goes well, must have to be pretty brave to be blasted into space!

Discovery begins de-orbit burn and is aiming to land in California around 13:12 (BST) :)

OMFG ANOTHER DELAY!!11
OMFG DOSE DIS REMIND ANY1 OF VALVE AND HL2 LOLOLOLOLOLO...

Lol, that takes me back. The word "delay" has a totally different meaning now. :D

So, bout half an hour to go?
10mins till entry interface, whatever the hell that is.

They probably could have landed in the day, but if they knew it was safe to land then, why not land then?

I'm just glad they made it back safe :)

SHIPPI said:
They probably could have landed in the day, but if they knew it was safe to land then, why not land then?

I'm just glad they made it back safe :)

I think im right in saying that they have landing 'windows', in that times when they can 'de-orbit' to coincide with landing strips etc. Its simular to the launch when the windows can be as little as 30 seconds to meet requirements. But yeah good to see its back safe, heres hoping they get the next one into space sooner rather then later!

Back