Crowbar problem

M

mrgrimrpr

Hey all,

I was wondering. at the end of HL1, G-Man says he releived you of your weapons. As far as I know you kept your crowbar the whole game. now in Hl2 barney says you dropped it. is it a conspiracy???!

mrgrimrpr said:
Hey all,

I was wondering. at the end of HL1, G-Man says he releived you of your weapons. As far as I know you kept your crowbar the whole game. now in Hl2 barney says you dropped it. is it a conspiracy???!
g-man took your crowbar as well.

Actually, Gordon did drop his crowbar at Black Mesa. Right before the soldiers tossed him into the trash compactor, they took all his weapons.

Also Barney was joking
the most disturbing trend on these forums is that people consistently take things at face value only ('gosh, what's this about a cat?')
what's funny is that afterwards I see people making fun of the 'bad writing'... who are you to say?

Its funny really, he finds one crowbar in the middle of a corridor and kills loadz o stuff withit and everyone assumes it belongs to him.? they should bring out a brand named after him!

Well, it is covered in alien blood, and only gordon used a crowbar to kill, everyone else used guns, think about it

What I found interesting was the G-Man said you could keep the hazard suit, even though you don't have it until you meet up with Kleiner (which is apparently a retrofit of another hazard suit), although I understand how conspicuous Gordon would be getting off the train.

The HL2 crowbar isn't the HL1 crowbar.

Barney used a crow bar in blue shift. Maybe he kept it as a souvinere and gave it to Gordon.

It's not that hard to find a crowbar ... :/

I think a more interesting question would be why Barney didn't give you a real weapon, like his pistol, for example.

because it's a game and not real life.

not the sort of statement you'd usually hear a fanboy like me say, but it's really the truth in this case.

He'd have a devil of a time explaining to his superiors what happened to the pistol they issued him. He'd get into gigantic trouble; I'm sure that civil protection kept the people unarmed, and possibly letting someone get a gun to use against them would be a serious, serious offense.

nah, barney couldnt have used it coz he had the crowbar even when you got teleported into a room and saw goedon being carried by

LoneDeranger said:
It's not that hard to find a crowbar ... :/

I think a more interesting question would be why Barney didn't give you a real weapon, like his pistol, for example.

Barney is disguised as one of the stun-baton guards, so he probably wouldn't have a pistol. With the choice between crowbar and low-intensity shock prod, I'd pick the crowbar too.

jimmyjam said:
Also Barney was joking
the most disturbing trend on these forums is that people consistently take things at face value only ('gosh, what's this about a cat?')
what's funny is that afterwards I see people making fun of the 'bad writing'... who are you to say?
Oh yeah, that cat thing astonished me, how could people not unterstand what the underlying joke was?

Er, what? o_O

I guess they didn't understand how Barney thought it was amazing for you to flip that swith, either, did they?

you braindead morons need to take video games less seriously and stop treating them like scientific mysteries. Why not spend your useless brain cells on something more constructive.

merc for hire said:
you braindead morons need to take video games less seriously and stop treating them like scientific mysteries. Why not spend your useless brain cells on something more constructive.
Ok yeah this debate is a little silly… But you know what… who cares? If you don’t want to participate in it because you think you’re above this level… fine. Stop reading the thread then.
Oh and btw… some of the threads here are really interesting discussions of plausible topics. In case you didn’t notice this isn’t your standard video game. Video games are obviously on the rise intellectually and valve is the best driving force behind that. If you didn’t notice a level of sophistication above sonic the hedgehog then maybe you’re the braindead moron. I respect valve a lot for bringing awareness of posthumanism to an age group who might very well need to make decisions about it in the future. Obviously this game was an artist’s cry to keep our humanity as we progress and not to be conned into thinking that we should dehumanize in the name of progress. Sonic was about speed and rings… great game… not as sophisticated. That’s one of the many reasons hl2 was better then halo2… but I should leave that argument where it lies….

Mechagodzilla said:
Barney is disguised as one of the stun-baton guards, so he probably wouldn't have a pistol. With the choice between crowbar and low-intensity shock prod, I'd pick the crowbar too.

Actually i think those guys have pistols, and prefer to use batons coz they like to see the citizens squirm (or they're under orders not to waste slave labor). I think they return all weapons when not on duty. If i were the Combine, i'd do that to keep the resistance from swiping my weapons.

Back