CS:CZ MARCH - HL2 Summer?!

Indeed. We actually knew about this weeks ago but thanks anyway ;)

well, altleast all us fans arnt wondering around aimlessly anymore :)

What about the extra delay?!
NEWS REPORT, VALVe has been leaked

FAK3R said:
What about the extra delay?!
NEWS REPORT, VALVe has been leaked

Kinda ironic, the valve is leaking :LOL:

Indeed. We actually knew about this weeks ago but thanks anyway

I don't know if the megagames is a late newsreport about the CNN article, but they also said:
Apparently expert estimates claiming that H-L 2 would see a September release may not be correct since Valve has confirmed that it is still targeting a summer 2004 release. [/quote']

Which indicates that Valve gave another confirmation after the CNN article that they were in fact still targeting the summer.

Jadewolf5675 said:
*posts before topic is closed*

The site's director already saw and replied to this thread and left it open, what makes you think it'll be closed? If it stays on topic, it'll be fine.

Anyhow, my sentiments exactly, PvtRyan

that say cs:cz had the steam
I knew it
cuz I hav played the beta of cs:cz
(if post this is against the rules please apologies me)
one question
the beta of HL2 is downloadble?
if is that were I can download it?

<RJMC> said:
the beta of HL2 is downloadble?
if is that were I can download it?

Wow, I am ashamed people are still asking for the leak.

what is "the leak"?
(remember I dont understand very good english)

The BETA is illegal.. not to be downloaded. NO LINKS WILL BE PROVIDED... AFAIK

BTW, I got called plenty of names for saying that if CZ comes out this March or April. HL2 will DEFINITELY not come out before Summer. So much for logic.

Its not a beta ffs! Its just a leak, you people need to understand that.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Its not a beta ffs! Its just a leak, you people need to understand that.

It's not a leak, either :| :| :|

It's a stolen build, it wasn't leaked, it was stolen.

:dork: As far as HL2 coming out in the summer, well, it ain't gonna happen....

The whole CS:CZ development cycle and its numerous delays and screwups should tell you all you need to know about what will happen with HL2's development.

We will all get to watch Valve fumble the HL2 football time and time again in the coming months and perhaps 2 years after it was announced we may finally get the game.

HL2 release date: April 2005 mark it down on your calendars!!!! :bounce:

Keeson said:

The whole CS:CZ development cycle and its numerous delays and screwups should tell you all you need to know about what will happen with HL2's development.

We will all get to watch Valve fumble the HL2 football time and time again in the coming months and perhaps 2 years after it was announced we may finally get the game.

You do know CS:CZ isn't developed by Valve right? Right?

GSW said:
Um, yes it is?! :|

No it isn't, they handed out the development to other companies. CS:CZ is a slut, it has been with every developer in the country.

Keeson said:

HL2 has a 99% chance of making it out this summer. The other 1% is earlier (which is unlikely), the game won't slip to 2005.

Shuzer said:
HL2 has a 99% chance of making it out this summer. The other 1% is earlier (which is unlikely), the game won't slip to 2005.

Shhhhhhhh! You'll jinx it!

PvtRyan said:
You do know CS:CZ isn't developed by Valve right? Right?

Well I could have inserted TF2 in place of CS:CZ as that was developed in house 100%. But why bring up TF2 again, why beat a dead horse?? This thread has CS:CZ in the title so I stuck with that as an example of Valve's mismanagement.

But in fact Valve did spend some time developing the CS:CZ project in-house as well as extensively managing the project and testing the final game.

Here a nice summary of the CS:CZ development courtesy of Fragmaster:

After undergoing one of the most convoluted development cycles in the history of video games, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero is finally finished. Almost. We think.

Here's the recap: in early 2001, word got out that Rogue Entertainment was working on a single-player Counter-Strike game. In May 2001, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero was officially announced, but it was no longer in development at Rogue: Valve was now working on the game in-house. Within a couple of months, Valve switched developers again and handed the project off to Gearbox Software, makers of both official Half-Life mission packs. This September 2001 preview had all sorts of details, but by the time this December 2001 preview was published, key elements of the game's design had changed. CS: CZ was shown at E3 2002 with Gearbox still at the helm, but by the end of the year, Gearbox was out of the picture and Ritual Entertainment was brought in to finish the game. As hinted at in this December 2002 preview, there was some sort of dispute between Gearbox and Valve which resulted in the change in developers. This E3 2003 write-up reports that, "Condition Zero is nearly finished: a release candidate has been shipped off, and it's possible the game could be on store shelves as early as June [2003]."

Obviously, that didn't happen. Counter-Strike: Condition Zero was pulled from Ritual a few months later, and Turtle Rock Studios (with Valve's help) finished the game. On October 10th, Valve announced that CS: CZ had gone gold and would be in stores November 18th. But by November 5th, there were rumors that something was wrong. A launch party for CS: CZ was held December 16th in San Francisco.

Here we are in February 2004, and CS: CZ still hasn't shipped. Vivendi says that they're, "in the process of localizing the game in multiple territories for a world-wide simultaneous ship, and will be officially announcing a ship date in the coming weeks." They did, however, send us an official, final (or at least near-final) build of the game which we were able to play completely through. So maybe they're serious this time.

The relevance for HL2 fans as that the relatively undemanding, mediium sized project CS:CZ proved to be a very daunting project management task for Valve. HL2 represents an even bigger challenge, with of course the possibility of even bigger screwups. (already some big screwups - release date fiasco, source code leak)

Shuzer said:

Well back in Summer 1998 Valve said HL would be released in the summer and it slipped to November 1998, so I wouldn't hold my breath for HL2 making it.

Everybody needs to sit back and chill :cheers: and see if CS:CZ actually hits retail by end of March and if Steam can take it. I for one will be holding on tight to my cable modem and my cat :cat: at the end of March - we could be in for a rough ride!! Hold On!!! :dork: I hope Valve doesn't crash the whole internet!! :dork: ;)

We can all judge Valve's success/failure with CS:CZ and then a new round of HL2 release date predictions can commence based on that experience.

Keeson said:
Well I could have inserted TF2 in place of CS:CZ as that was developed in house 100%. But why bring up TF2 again, why beat a dead horse?? This thread has CS:CZ in the title so I stuck with that as an example of Valve's mismanagement.

But in fact Valve did spend some time developing the CS:CZ project in-house as well as extensively managing the project and testing the final game.

Here a nice summary of the CS:CZ development courtesy of Fragmaster:

-Cut-

The relevance for HL2 fans as that the relatively undemanding, mediium sized project CS:CZ proved to be a very daunting project management task for Valve. HL2 represents an even bigger challenge, with of course the possibility of even bigger screwups. (already some big screwups - release date fiasco, source code leak)

TF2 isn't a relevant example, since it was only removed out of the public eye because it's engine was changed from HL engine to the then not yet revealed Source engine. That had nothing to do with mismanagement.

I think the problem with CZ lies in tough communications with the different developers and them doing things Valve doesn't approve of. But since HL2 is developed fully inhouse, that's not a problem anymore.
And from what I've heard, the part Valve has done with CZ is good, but the developers who took over the job screwed up the game.

sorry ive been away from hl2 for a while just get depressed that were still waiting i wasnt aware that you were all allready aware!

Back