CS:S = Benchmark!

Vegeta897

Banned as all ****
Reaction score
Shuz3r just told me this... The CS:S beta will be a good indication of how Half-Life 2 will run! It's practically like a benchmark!

Can't wait. :D

Although, I will not have the beta. :'(

Xcellere said:
Ummm..... ok?
I dunno, just thought I would share it with yall, I just realised it.. so.. yeah.

1000'th post... :E

PatPwnt said:
good job vegeta
:(

I'm sure SOMEONE has gotten something out of this thread..

/me crawls into a dark hole.

I think CS:S will be a general indication, but since it's geared toward multiplay the system requrements will probably be less while your internet connection is the important thing.

Woopadidoo... I dont have CZ and never plan on getting it.

Hazar Dakiri said:
I think CS:S will be a general indication, but since it's geared toward multiplay the system requrements will probably be less while your internet connection is the important thing.

You're probably right - at least as far as CPU usage goes. By not having to calculate any AI strain on the CPU will probably be considerably lessened. I'm not sure about the GPU side, though... depending on how high quality the models are, larger games could be laggy that way. And who knows about DX9 smoke grenades!

And to any whiners... if you want the beta so bad, why don't you pay the $15 on Ebay and get CZ? I got mine in less than six hours.

When cs:s is released i'll go and buy and x800, it comes with condition zero :naughty:

That way i can get prepared for hl2, AND enjoy cs:s early

vegeta897 said:
I dunno, just thought I would share it with yall, I just realised it.. so.. yeah.

1000'th post... :E
*cough* spam :D

disruptioN_ said:
This thread should be pinned.

I agree, someone sticky this!

Shuzer! I appoint you Newb Informer.

it was always kinda obvious to me at least that CS source = a type of benchmark for HL2. I mean, it is the HL2 engine, with (according to 'them') graphics that are up to par with HL2 itself. So...yeah...

vegeta897 said:
:(

I'm sure SOMEONE has gotten something out of this thread..

* vegeta897 crawls into a dark hole.

I got something out of it.

Oh and don't worry Vegeta897, I still love you. :D

Despite everyone elses irrelevant remarks, I'll attempt to contribute to the ...interesting thread.

Unless CS:S comes with the Hammer editor (or even something to compile half-life maps in HL2 format), then it might be possible to guage how well HL2 could run the level geometry on your computer. As it is now, most CS level (albeit now with more complex geometry - based on the videos) have fairly simple geometry (just look at cs_italy and stuff in the german video - it looks better, but not really reminiscent of E3 HL2 quality).

Add to that the fact you'll have simplified physics and no AI to worry about, and I think CS:S has a better chance of running smooth than a single player HL2.

I'm sure if you run CS:S buttery smooth you'd be able to run HL2...since it's the same engine. It'll just be a bit higher for the real HL2. Now, make Natural-Selection: Source, added with more complex geometry, and then you'd have something to benchmark :D .

vegeta897 said:
Shuz3r just told me this... The CS:S beta will be a good indication of how Half-Life 2 will run! It's practically like a benchmark!

Can't wait. :D

Although, I will not have the beta. :'(

and the birds go ****ing tweet

Back