CS:S is not HL2's full multiplayer

common sense doesn't apply to valve and their colorful past. i wouldn't be too surprised if they released the SP game first without a MP.

what can I say,, to that, Lol, believe what you want. i dont care, i just cant see why Valve as a professional games company, trying to provide the community and games fans with a totally fantastic game, would want to scratch the HL2 multiplayer. :rolling:

being as it was in the leak and working to a decent degree. enough to show its potential.

No company in their right mind (especially Valve) would release a game in 2004 without multiplayer built-in. I'm not going to wade up the old post from the Official Valve Emails thread, but they said something like there would be three versions.

1. Single player only
2. Single and core multiplayer
3. Special Edition

Am I remembering this correctly? SOMETHING is HL2s core multiplayer.

Also look at it this way: Valve is a rather small company (if you consider the 65 people working there small). So, lets look at everything we know they're developing:

Half-Life 2 singleplayer
Steam (only two people)
Team Fortress 2 (entirely brand new game)
CS: Source
DoD: Source
Opposing Force Source
Blue Shift Source
Half-Life Source

My point is this: that is A LOT of material for one company to be working on simultaneously. People keep saying that there is a great chance that the core multi will be something we've never heard of. I very much doubt that idea being they're developing all of the titles I mentioned above.

TF2 is near the finishing stage, they've told us that. They've also told us that TF2 isn't the multi, which I think was a lie (and before you tell me Valve wouldn't make it up, they had a pretty easy time making up the Sep. 30 lie and the denial that followed). All signs point to TF2 being the multiplayer.

Tons of people out there play PC games solely for the multiplayer. I don't like single player games that much anymore. Valve needs to include something killer for multiplayer to move HL2 off the shelves in the droves they're hoping for.

They also say that it's a 'monthly subscription serivce'. Way to fuel pay to play rumours. :rolleyes:

Xcellere said:
(and before you tell me Valve wouldn't make it up, they had a pretty easy time making up the Sep. 30 lie and the denial that followed). All signs point to TF2 being the multiplayer.

They never said it would be done, they said it's a possibility. They never announced a release date yet technically, so it wasn't a lie.

the hl2 MP better not be older mods in Source.

i want originality.

TF2 the multiplayer?? Xcellere..... lol the core multiplayer will probably end up being the DM with Gordon as your default player model.

^^^I was talking about September 30, they announced that date officially at E3 last year. They denied a delay up until the week of the 23rd of September. Valve has no problem making up flib flag.

well i hope my suspicions are wrong, i just try to believe there will be no hl2 original MP so i wont get disappointed if there isn't one.

but id really like to deathmatch in city 17 :(

I thought Lombardi said something like, "Most of the changes you will see in the original Half-Life will be invisible" regarding the Source ports. Do we even have confirmation that they are giving the other games visual makeovers, besides CS:S?

^^^Go 3 or 4 pages back in the Valve info thread and look for my post. Your answer is there.

that "invisible"comment really means:here buy this 6 year old game on source!...the changes cant be seen because they are invisible!...

well i hope my suspicions are wrong, i just try to believe there will be no hl2 original MP so i wont get disappointed if there isn't one.

but id really like to deathmatch in city 17

all signs point to positive , so its still worth getting exited about.. ive seen the HL2 mp working on the leak, so im totally optimistic.

half life 2 will have its own MP becuase wen valve got hacked they said that they have to redo the whole multiplayer network code y would they do that if half life 2 doesnt have its own MP?

Just to point out, network code is part of Source. Not HL2.

and source is part of Half life 2, but i see what you mean they are seperate code.

well HL2 uses source so it's not like they are separate bits of code, who cares, mp soon, everyhting is turning out Milhouse.

wayne white said:
hl2 mp will be a mmo type game.
Yea, an MMORPG, where you get to choose either to be the Combine, or the Resistance, and you build up your Avatars stats, you might even see some of the main characters if you become level 37,896,129!

Anyone else hate the new pcg style? I love the modding section but it has no charm or even layout anymore. Looks like it was designed so a 70 year old pensioner could read it ....

This is good news, now I want to know exactly what it is :D When does the US PCG come out?

suppose to be mid-july....guess we will know everything in the issue by a few weeks though. *People are claiming to get the August issue sometime this month* Anyways its either going to be about HL2 going gold and an official date (cause of whats going on at halflife radio and depending if its true) or it'll be more in depth about the multiplayer....maybe even something about TF2...considering the PCGAMER US staff all think its coming with HL2 cause of Gabe having meetings all the time about it and making big plans about it or something.

Hopefully the Collector's Edition comes out at the same time - and hopefully it doesn't cost too much more :|.

I really hope this game is released during summer like they're hoping..

I don't care about the special edition if it's slowing down the whole proccess. I don't care about MP... the mods are always worth the wait. It doesn't really matter.

Just finish the game VALVe and go home.

(if you valve people read stuff on this board)

They rarely read the board, especially now.

they probably have better things to be doing, they probably nose around more when they have finished development so they can see what people are bitching about related to the running of the game but apart from that it is a waste of their time to read bitching.

It's those damn beanbag chairs and mini-fridges....I SWEAR.

Back