CS:S Meca vid shadows

There should be a Engine competition where they get the best FPS developers and have to make the best engine they can within a year :D

Zento said:
There should be a Engine competition where they get the best FPS developers and have to make the best engine they can within a year :D

Best FPS developer would be between Monolith and Valve I think :)

And those russian guys how are making S.T.A.L.K.E.R. damn that looks goood. I'm happy I bought a new very good com lately :)

Come on. Have you ever played Splinter Cell? What card do you have? I had a GeFroce 4 Ti 4200, and I was able to run Splinter Cell fine.

nc17 said:
There are no dynamic shadows in the source engine, Rick Ellis said it would be possible for a mod team to add and it might be added in a future engine upgrade

What do you mean? There are dynamic shadows in the Source engine.. HL2 even features them. Not multple dynamic shadows, but one dynamic shadow set by a single light source per scene (read: the sun) that sets the position of the shadows. Atleast, as far as we've seen, this is all HL2 currently does.

Plus, Vampires: The Masquerade Bloodlines has dynamic shadows (that change the direction per light source), and, surprise, that's on the Source engine!

If a mod team can do it, the engine supports it. Unless you meant "There are dyanmic shadows in the source engine," otherwise, I have no idea what you were trying to say.

Back