cs:s new maps...?

Dynasty

Space Core
Reaction score
whilst connecting to servers ive notice other maps along with de_dust. i was just wondering if its possible to get them from somewhere. is it a bug? is it to limited or selected people only or something?

de_dust gets a bit boring after a while tbh.

The other maps are ILLEGAL to download, so said Gabe. Ill find the email he posted on HL2world when I find it.

yeah, somehow i doubt they're illegal to download. and just because theyre different, doesnt mean theyre made with the stolen Hammer Editor, you can use notepad to edit the maps, just not easily to a large extent.

if u think that the custom illegal map's water sux, remember, they are using the hl2 beta hammer, which is 1 YEAR old and it was leaked, so its missing some stuff

random.hero said:
yeah, somehow i doubt they're illegal to download. and just because theyre different, doesnt mean theyre made with the stolen Hammer Editor, you can use notepad to edit the maps, just not easily to a large extent.

If you edit a .bsp with notepad, it stops working. You can use an external editor to replace entities in the existing map. Anything new has involved the stolen build somewhere along the lines.

ktimekiller said:
if u think that the custom illegal map's water sux, remember, they are using the hl2 beta hammer, which is 1 YEAR old and it was leaked, so its missing some stuff

Actually that would be due to your graphics card not displaying things properly.

Not that I actually know anything about this so called "water" of course. :angel:

Pi Mu Rho said:
If you edit a .bsp with notepad, it stops working. You can use an external editor to replace entities in the existing map. Anything new has involved the stolen build somewhere along the lines.

This is true. If you use Notepad to edit the maps, CS:S then calls it an invalid BSP file. Myself, I have been trying to added a few more barrels to de_dust.bsp, and so far I have been unsuccessful.
What do you mean by, "external editor"?
I'd really like to modify the map a little bit.
(My brother and I have more fun playing with the physics than actually fighting on CSS).

lol ya most of my matches turn into socer with a bucket or somthing... well untill the ct's come and ruen are fun :(

as for the maps... dont dl them... or you shall DIE dun dun dun....

google for "ripent"

Ripent can't extract the entities from the map. When I used it, it said it wasn't a BSP file. :hmph:
Oh well, I'll try until I get this! :E

you can change some entities thur a hex editor add/remove change settings stuff like that i hear
alothough making it all work would be insaine..

Neutrino said:
Actually that would be due to your graphics card not displaying things properly.

Not that I actually know anything about this so called "water" of course. :angel:
nertro, it aint my card, they are using the hammer editor from the leaked hl2 beta last year, so i am saying that hammer editor was out dated, so the water doesnt look as good as it should be

ktimekiller said:
nertro, it aint my card, they are using the hammer editor from the leaked hl2 beta last year, so i am saying that hammer editor was out dated, so the water doesnt look as good as it should be

It's your card or DX level settings. Because mine looks just like it is suppose to. Sorry, mods if this is a bit too much talk on the subject.

Nowhere. You're not supposed to put it anywhere. It's a map. You downloaded it. For CS:S.

:bounce: !!!!!!!!

Back