CS S performance

A

abdallah

Hello all.
Im interested in hearing what performance to expect with Source. Now that CS is released, it would be great to hear your specs and framerate. My system is pretty old, p4 2.4, 512 ddr, ti 4200 128mb, and if anyone has anything similar to this (especially gfx card wise) i would like to hear how the game plays for you.
If you dont have a similar system, please feel free to post your experience anyway for all to draw their own conclusions.

There are in fact two different forums for this (Hardware, and CS: Source)

p4 2.8, 512, Radeon 9200 Stress test said 33 fps. Gotta change that cruddy gpu and wack in another 512 I reckon for tops performance. :/

ok, i didnt see that. if a mod sees this feel free to move it or close it if theres a similar subject in those sections :)

Crash Happy said:
p4 2.8, 512, Radeon 9200 Stress test said 33 fps. Gotta change that cruddy gpu and wack in another 512 I reckon for tops performance. :/

Nop, try this:

mat_dxlevel 70 (console command)

Huge FPS increase.

abdallah said:
Hello all.
Im interested in hearing what performance to expect with Source. Now that CS is released, it would be great to hear your specs and framerate. My system is pretty old, p4 2.4, 512 ddr, ti 4200 128mb, and if anyone has anything similar to this (especially gfx card wise) i would like to hear how the game plays for you.
If you dont have a similar system, please feel free to post your experience anyway for all to draw their own conclusions.

Well I have ALMOST the exact same config except my gfx card is 64mb. Other than that its the exact same type speed and crap. In CS:S beta I got around 40 fps at 1024x768 2X AA settings on high, which amazed me. It might not run as well on other maps though, I havnt played the full version yet.

that sounds almost too good to be true, i never expected it to perform _that_ well, especially with AA turned on. Good times and free grog! :cheers:

Back