CS:S Refusing to play offline

ChareltonHest

Hunter
Reaction score
Imagine that. What a suprise.

Anyhow, I have connected and updated CS:S, played CS:S online, and it still refuses to operate in offline mode.

Any ideas?

C.H.

Start steam in offline mode and.....smash ur face directly into the buisness end of ur mother board (what IS the buisness end of a motherboard?)

isn't CS:S multiplayer?

and mr.marcopollo, stick your head into a nuclear reactor then post pics of it.

Interesting posts, anyway this sounds typical. I remember CS:CZ didn't want to start in offline mode until a patch fixed it. CS:S is multiplayer but it has bots now. All I can suggest is validate, reinstall or wait for the next patch.

15357 said:
isn't CS:S multiplayer?

and mr.marcopollo, stick your head into a nuclear reactor then post pics of it.

I didnt mean that in an offensive way...i just ment that steam can get frustrating at times.......

MarcoPollo said:
I didnt mean that in an offensive way...i just ment that steam can get frustrating at times.......

then you should have asked steam to.

but, perhaps you should have asked the freaks who used stesam for their games

d00d steam roxxors teh big 1!!!@1111eana I aret so teh let!! garagagaga

Yep, that sounds like someone who likes steam.

:-P

i had that problem...try hosting the game a couple times... that worked for me

p.s. steam sucks balls

I don't understand how anyone could be raped so badly by a software company, and then give them any more of their money.

Valve has seen their last penny from me. SteamingPileof.... has nothing but harassment so bad that if one didn't know any better, they'd swear Valve hates gamers, and my patients has been completely exausted. I can take no more.

A program/system like Steam is beyond inexcusable.

I've had it; I am tired. Thank you all for any help you tired to give me.

C.H.

Good times when WON went down for days at a time, yes soo great!

i guess u have a point there ben (finnaly he said sumthing reasonable(and not about the random stuff about cheating *what a dumb ass*) :imu: )

I just checked and I can run CSS in offline mode, but not HL2. Does it give you an error like "This game is temporarly unavailble"? Or does it just not load?

Does it give you an error like "This game is temporarly unavailble"? Or does it just not load?

It's not even lit up in the games section.

C.H.

ChareltonHest said:
Does it give you an error like "This game is temporarly unavailble"? Or does it just not load?

It's not even lit up in the games section.

C.H.

unlike all of the other irrelevant posters... I HAVE A TEMPORARY SOLUTION!

connect up to the net, then pull the plug on ur connection, while steam is in online mode. It'll still think it's online, so you can play css to your hearts content.

Then, instead of shutting down your computer... HIBERNATE!

Brilliant! [/irish accent] :bounce:

It still won't play offline.

I don't play online; I use CS:S for LAN play...but I can't play at LANs if it won't FREAKING LET ME PLAY OFFLINE.

No game is worth this.

C.H.

I have the same problem in HL2, CS:S + HL2DM work fine but not HL2, it says i have 100% of the game and it's ready to be played offlne, try and play it in offline mode and i can't.

rumor is that the new steam patch breaks offline mode.

It makes sense, really. Valve never intended to have an offline mode anyway. They were always just content with lying about it. They never would've given us offline mode except that the CPA cancelled all their counter-strike tournaments, and that's incredibly bad PR for valve.

What do you wanna bet that valve will never let us use offline mode again?

Back