CS:S slow as hell

Yellonet

Reaction score
What the hell?!?
Suddenly my game is slow as shit... ~25 fps now... often lower when action going on. Before ~60-70 fps.

Defragged - no change
Switched driver - no change
Turned off all unnecessary processes - no change

What to do?

The new update man, i have the same problem. Ive been unable to play without a 10 fps ever since the patch with the bots was released. **** the new bot update and the terrible bug in it. The steam assholes need to fix this

Argh Same Thing Happens To Me

CSS has gone terrbile unplayable! :angry:
its gone from 180fps to like 35 even lower..and its gone SOOOO SLOW!! IVE TRYED ALMOST EVERYTHING TO FIX IT. but nothing works!

everybody post your specs to help valve or what ever..minds in my sig. i hope valve gets it fixed.

its fine for me ....valve dont read these boards. it isnt a spec thing either.

Have to agree, i have not noticed such a dramatic decrease in performance. People tend to overeact about everything and whoever mentioned there game ran at 180 frames before the patch is a joke, is that some kind of outlandish boost? I have a 64 bit processor with a 6800gt and i reach no where near 180 frames during ACTUAL gameplay. I would say i average around 70-80 with all details including AA/AF and it hasn't changed in the slightest since the last update.

How can we overreact? I know many many people who cant play now because of this ridiculous problem with the new update. Just consider yourself lucky and unless you got an answer for all of us ..... SHh

redneck24 said:
The steam assholes need to fix this

Shut the hell up and stop whining. Go play Halo2 friggen nub.

No difference in performance here.. still getting 80-100 FPS.

Still getting a steady 35 outside, 65 inside.

I can honestly say i have never had anything close to what you are describing with HL2 or any game i have played over the past 6 years. It's pretty obvious to me that you haven't set your computer up properly, you have spyware or maybe a virus of some sort or there is something wrong with your Windows installation. My advice is to go away and reformat then come back and tell me you have a problem. Of course if you don't have your pc setup right you probably won't have your hard disk partitioned in that case when you reformat you may as well partition your harddrive so it only takes an hour to reformat your computer without losing whats on your harddisk. If after that you still have an issue then Valve need to answer some questions.

Same here

i have the same problem, there was a small update one day and suddenly my hl2 seem to lag but my fps seems to be a couple of frames less then before i have even reinstalled my computer to get rid of it but it came back anyways ..

sometimes updates and patches go wrong and ruin some peoples installations, its nothing new, anyone ever play raven shield? it just comes down to bad coding on the developers part usually, i dont have a problem but i have noticed that the numbers playing cs:s have dropped considerably since the last update and i know some peeps are complaining about poor FPS since the update...

DreadLord1337 said:
Shut the hell up and stop whining. Go play Halo2 friggen nub.

No difference in performance here.. still getting 80-100 FPS.

Nah man id buy gas then spend 50 bucks on another game just to listen to more imbred gothic emos whine to each other on the internet. Besides you sound like a 14 year old who cries, beats the keyboard and has suicidal thoughts when his ping goes over 100. Give it a few years kid, see where that attitude leads you.

babydave said:
sometimes updates and patches go wrong and ruin some peoples installations, its nothing new, anyone ever play raven shield? it just comes down to bad coding on the developers part usually, i dont have a problem but i have noticed that the numbers playing cs:s have dropped considerably since the last update and i know some peeps are complaining about poor FPS since the update...

Oh look, a person with the word baby in there name was more mature then you ****ing lame ass geeks

I found a cure!

go into your main steam folder and delete "clientregistry.blob"
then that should fix it :D worked for me

Dark8Master89 said:
go into your main steam folder and delete "clientregistry.blob"
then that should fix it :D worked for me

Is this for real?

DEAR GOD, SOMEBODY CALL CAL ADMIN, IM SURE HE WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Anyway, Im almost possitive killing "clientregistry.blob" will make you redownload the patches.

Well, a problem this severe redownloading everything may be the only option. Only take like an hour max on broadband, not even that. Im gonna try it anyways

An hour no. about 5 min yes.
i took me 5min on 56k. and it worked for me does this work for you guys?

redneck24 said:
Nah man id buy gas then spend 50 bucks on another game just to listen to more imbred gothic emos whine to each other on the internet. Besides you sound like a 14 year old who cries, beats the keyboard and has suicidal thoughts when his ping goes over 100. Give it a few years kid, see where that attitude leads you.

Lmao you're sad. Are you trying to say I don't have to pay bills/gas/tuition etc..? Yea you're a cool guy. I guess you're the 14 year old then eh?

What the hell?!?
Suddenly my game is slow as shit... ~25 fps now... often lower when action going on. Before ~60-70 fps.

Defragged - no change
Switched driver - no change
Turned off all unnecessary processes - no change

What to do?

try playing without bots :thumbs: they use a hell of a lot of cpu power, and lag like hell

DreadLord1337 said:
Lmao you're sad. Are you trying to say I don't have to pay bills/gas/tuition etc..? Yea you're a cool guy. I guess you're the 14 year old then eh?

Yeah well if you really think your that mature act like it mmk? Using the word nub or 1337 makes you seem pretty ridiculous

K, yeah this works i think, and you dont have to ReDownLoad the patches.

redneck24 said:
Yeah well if you really think your that mature act like it mmk? Using the word nub or 1337 makes you seem pretty ridiculous

And redneck24 makes you sound incredibly smart. Nice one.

redneck24 said:
Your right, im trying so hard to sound smart. Got me

Good, owned. Now stop posting here, join HL2world or some other crap site thanks.

Back