CS:S updates coming in December!

SFLUFAN

Reaction score
From CS Nation's interview with Valve's Erik Johnson:

We're working on porting some more of the classic maps right now, currently de_prodigy is in the works. We'll be releasing this as quickly as they are completed.

We're also working on one original map, which will begin internal playtesting this week. This still means we have a fair amount of work to do on it.

We're also working on two updated player models.

Most of this is scheduled to be released in the December timeframe.

So it looks as though Valve will be going to use the "America's Army" model for CS:S - put out the product and add content over time... Looking forward to the new content!

Same here. Can't wait to see the original map too! Wonder if it'll live up to the greatness of the original CS maps! :) Good work SFLUFAN.

December is too far away! NOW! NOW! NOW!

I need something to keep me busy between now and HL2 release. HL2 is obviously finished and they are holding it hostage so they can create some sort of media blitz.

So in the mean time give us some updates to CS:S now.

dekstar said:
Same here. Can't wait to see the original map too! Wonder if it'll live up to the greatness of the original CS maps! :) Good work SFLUFAN.
If chateau, havana, and piranesi are any indication, then no.

I can't find this interview on CSN. Am I just blind or something? Could you give me some direct linkage? :)

That's very good news :) I missed prodigy. It's one of my favorite maps together with docks.

A new map is gonna be nice too. Whatever happened to the hype surrounding the new 1.6 map aztec2 ? any news on that ?

Well i hoped for sooner but nevermind.
New map should be fun :)

Is there a link to this interview by the way ? I couldn't seem to find it anywhere on CSN. I want to fill my brain with new info!! GIMME!!

Yeah, a link would be cool! Needs to go on our front page to be honest :)

its reported on hl2fallout aswell

i wanted inferno :(

ah well, ill probably be too busy raping hl2 in december any way :E

So it was posted in the CSN Comments. As long as it's not fake news it's okay with me. A more official statement would be good though. Maybe we'll hear something later on.

Although I want to see the classic maps (especially Inferno), it's nice that they're gonna put out a new map quite early rather than just working through all the old ones first. Looking forward to it!

SFLUFAN said:
From CS Nation's interview with Valve's Erik Johnson:

We're working on porting some more of the classic maps right now, currently de_prodigy is in the works. We'll be releasing this as quickly as they are completed.

We're also working on one original map, which will begin internal playtesting this week. This still means we have a fair amount of work to do on it.

We're also working on two updated player models.

Most of this is scheduled to be released in the December timeframe.

Erik commented only on the one map? :|
i was hoping for at least 5-6 older maps redone.
oh welll... guess we'll see.

From looking at Americas Army, following their pattern of releasing is actually better, because then it lengthens the longevity of the game (makes it last longer) and keeps the people liking it.

does this mean we wont get new player models till december , or are the models sooner?

Please be the leet with shades, please be the leet with shades, please be the leet with shades

yes prodigy! that was the one map i wanted!

-merc

Good to know they're working on new stuff... disappointing to hear December, though...

yay! 2 more models.. wait WTF! Dude didn't they say that they released this game because it was finished. Am I the only one that read that?

expecting at least 2 - 3 maps. will be dissapointed if inferno has not been done by december.

Prodigy is wiked news tho, hardly ever get to play that map on normal cs so it should be even better.

BRODIEMA2K4, they took the leet terror out of cz i fear they will do the same an not have him in cs:s :(

ukfluke said:
BRODIEMA2K4, they took the leet terror out of cz i fear they will do the same an not have him in cs:s :(

Wait... why did they take him out?

ukfluke said:

uum wasnt the L337 dude in cs:cz the grandma model? :rolling:

u know with the orange suit

yay! 2 more models.. wait WTF! Dude didn't they say that they released this game because it was finished. Am I the only one that read that?

Been mentioned several times. Quite litteraly I'm pissed!!! They said that they had the "final" version done. Obviously not! I shoulf have waited till Hl2 came out in november. I can't bel;eieve I spent 60 bucks on something (Mp) that is not fineshed. Give me bot!!!!

YEs I may have said this before but I'm fed up with already. December Bahhumbug!

I don't understand what people are moaning about with regards to the game not being complete. Would you rather they waited another 6 months until they had done all the extra maps and models and stuff, and then released it saying its complete, that's yer lot!

What they have done is release a good version with a nice selection of maps, they are continuing to work on other maps and models and will just release these as and when, as has always been the way with CS. What's wrong with that?

Roper said:
I don't understand what people are moaning about with regards to the game not being complete. Would you rather they waited another 6 months until they had done all the extra maps and models and stuff, and then released it saying its complete, that's yer lot!

What they have done is release a good version with a nice selection of maps, they are continuing to work on other maps and models and will just release these as and when, as has always been the way with CS. What's wrong with that?
i expected at least for 4 models per team. just as it used to be since it is supposed to "be a direct port". the number of maps are fine i guess just was hoping for more models...i would have been fine with the BETA version til HL2 since it basically is the same anyway

i dont understand ! like is it that hard to make and release all the models , we payed full price for the game!

Hmm, I was wondering, who made the good old maps, like dust, aztec, nuke, prodigy? Was it the original CS team?

BigWalnutZ said:
i expected at least for 4 models per team. just as it used to be since it is supposed to "be a direct port". the number of maps are fine i guess just was hoping for more models...i would have been fine with the BETA version til HL2 since it basically is the same anyway

Well it's not really a direct port is it, if it was then you'd have your 4 models per team but they'd look exactly the same as they did in CS, as would all the maps.

Personally I don't see extra models as much of a priority, it would be nice to have more but my gaming experience isn't lessened any by the lack of them.

Silent_night said:
i dont understand ! like is it that hard to make and release all the models , we payed full price for the game!

right ! css is not done :flame:

Woot! Good that they are adding content! I can't wait for the classic maps!

Back