CS:Source beta leaked!

Nex321

Reaction score
Its leaked on the p2p programs. ARGHH!!

And I just ordered Condition Zero just for CS:S beta. Anyone knows if it'll need a key to play it? Because I don't want it to be a waste of money to buy CZ for Source!

You know, if it's available to a vast majority of the public, it can't be leaked.

BTW, warez isn't cool. I hope every person who runs the CS:S beta using the warez method gets IP banned and reported to their ISP by VALVe.

I'm almost Certain you'll need either a key, or you'll need a steam account with CZ on it. Don't quote me though. Ppl who downlaod the leak wont be able to play online. So unless you consider playing against yourself fun, then it's not really worth it.

That's expected. There are already non-steam versions of almost all steam games.

and um, it's not called a leak, it's a crack.

and yes, buying cz for cs:s is a waste of money because the test period is limited, and cs:s should come free with hl2.

Nex321 said:
Its leaked on the p2p programs. ARGHH!!

And I just ordered Condition Zero just for CS:S beta. Anyone knows if it'll need a key to play it? Because I don't want it to be a waste of money to buy CZ for Source!

Won't be able to play it without the proper key...

Shuzer said:
You know, if it's available to a vast majority of the public, it can't be leaked.

BTW, warez isn't cool. I hope every person who runs the CS:S beta using the warez method gets IP banned and reported to their ISP by VALVe.
I'm pretty sure its just run internally, so people can shoot barrels to their heart's content....and that's it.

Jadewolf5675 said:
I'm pretty sure its just run internally, so people can shoot barrels to their heart's content....and that's it.

The crack last night allowed people to play online. However, Rick Ellis said he was working to fix that. So it may have changed by now.

ok I hope it won't be waste of money.

Btw CZ costs only 20 bucks and its worth it for playing CS source for 2 weeks

No, there are cracked servers ppl play on they play with NO STEAM ID.. Banning them will be hard but I'm sure VALVe will come up with some way of stopping it.

who cares i have my hl2 voucher im waiting patiently to play the PROPER beta on steam .

ya CSS has been cracked and u can play in internet servers with it too....anyways im gonna go bak to play

Alot of people who are willing to download it are probably the kind of people that have no problem with cheating in games. So I say let them play with each other (even though no cheats have probably been developed yet) and if they can play on steam then of course alot of early cheaters get banned. Of course it probably won't matter once HL2 is released but still.

the people who downloaded the beta are not going to play it on official servers.

and just because some one downloads a beta, doesnt mean he's a cheater.

not defending anyone, its just that you cannot generalize people into a category.

Head_Crab_04 said:
the people who downloaded the beta are not going to play it on official servers.

and just because some one downloads a beta, doesnt mean he's a cheater.

not defending anyone, its just that you cannot generalize people into a category.
I'm not saying they are cheaters, just that most people who do cheat will be attracted to playing this cracked version.

graydon20 said:
I'm almost Certain you'll need either a key, or you'll need a steam account with CZ on it. Don't quote me though. Ppl who downlaod the leak wont be able to play online. So unless you consider playing against yourself fun, then it's not really worth it.

Unless you bypass it and play on so called private servers (Cracked ones which don't go through steam)...?

Yes, apparently you can be a theif or a cheater and not both.

Doesn't make it any less wrong.

u can play in official servers wit the cracked beta like i am....with ppl from a cyber cafe...and no i dont cheat in games. the cracked version even has the fiest update in CSS

marty905 said:
u can play in official servers wit the cracked beta like i am....with ppl from a cyber cafe...and no i dont cheat in games. the cracked version even has the fiest update in CSS

maybe valve is deliberately allowing the cracked version to be played on the official server as a "net", so that they can get the ip addresses of the people using the cracked beta and ban them. just a thought. :cool:

Cybernoid said:
Everything leaks.

man, there are so many jokes that can be made from that- and i cant even think of one :)

They could turn the cybercafes into honeypots to catch the cracked copy users, but why go after little fish?

bliink said:
but why go after little fish?

I dont know, it doesnt make sense even the police waste money and time setting up stuff to capture small time people for pretty much no reason they never go after the source of the problem maybe its just to keep the general public happy making them think there actually do somin when infact there doing very little.

Look at the whole peer to peer thing all those companies wasting there money setting up stuff to capture them downloading games, music, movies, etc. Why not go after the source. i dunno, maybe they just want to make loads of money through fining the people downloading so in effect the people doing the main pirating are doing them a favour.

It could be that people just want to play the beta. Just because people are d/ling it doesn't make them a "Cheater". They just probably want to play it. I don't see the big deal in d/ling a "Beta". If it was the final version, then sure, but it's not. I remember when Warcraft 3 beta was released. People were d/ling the cracks like crazy and playing them on cracked servers. I was one of them. I now own both WC3 & WC3 expansion. People just jones to play the games is all. I don't think it's going to hurt the sales of HL2, if anything, it will help it.

The big deal is they are altering the code in order to obtain the ability to participate in legit servers. On top of that there are some stablity issues it brings to the servers.

The Mullinator said:
Alot of people who are willing to download it are probably the kind of people that have no problem with cheating in games. So I say let them play with each other (even though no cheats have probably been developed yet) and if they can play on steam then of course alot of early cheaters get banned. Of course it probably won't matter once HL2 is released but still.
I'd have to disagree. Because I hate cheaters, but I love free stuff. You dont have to connect to steam servers to play CS:S if you dont want. I dont see what the commotion is about really. "Ooooh, they are playing a game that isnt supposed to be available to them yet."

Although I havent played it yet, I have every intention to. And I do have every intention on buying the Collectors Edition of HL2. So chill out you paranoids freaks.

EDIT: On another note, if this somehow caused a delay of HL2, then there would be a reason to be concerned. But valve doesnt seem to have their panties in a bunch over this.

Ruroni said:
I'd have to disagree. Because I hate cheaters, but I love free stuff. You dont have to connect to steam servers to play CS:S if you dont want. I dont see what the commotion is about really. "Ooooh, they are playing a game that isnt supposed to be available to them yet."

Although I havent played it yet, I have every intention to. And I do have every intention on buying the Collectors Edition of HL2. So chill out you paranoids freaks.

It could be argued that this will take valve's attention off other matters and so delay something. And anyway, it's about 4 days until 'everyone' can play, why not have some patience?

Murray_H said:
And anyway, it's about 4 days until 'everyone' can play, why not have some patience?

Not everyone. Only those who have bought CZ or have an ATI voucher.

Skullhair said:
Not everyone. Only those who have bought CZ or have an ATI voucher.

hence the 'everyone', i meant it to sound like the people with vouchers or CZ

It makes me want to download it myself(i won't). I prepaid full price at EB for the full version of the HL2 CE, so I've already paid for the game and cs:s and I don't get to play it(every on get you tiny violins out and start playing...just kidding) But I guess if they don't get caught I personally don't want to pop their fun bubbles.

hell naw.. dont buy crappy CZ for css beta. anyways its pretty nice, a few bugs,but overall very fun. and NO you dont need a key to play cs:s.

i DO think that STEAM should have better security though.

My friend bought it(CZ), but since he dont have the net, he let me install it on my comp so i have a easy way into the Cs:S beta. All free ^_^.

there will be no updates for the leaked version. so while they cant play with us because they have an old version and they get crazy because of all the bugs. we are playin your fine bugfixed versions :> so no need to worry, i guess.

This pisses me off, because it reminds me of spoilt children with too muchtime on their hands, so they like to go unwrapping their Christmas presents early.

Yeah, congratulations, you cracked a beta. Woo, 1 map!

Ha, just as i thought it would happen. Damn my predictions are good. :E

I have never downloaded leaked code. But this seems somehow innoccent??

What would be wrong if i downloaded it and just played with barrels? What if i'm just crazy about source? I don't know, i think i'll be downloading the beta very soon, i'm too weak!!!

Man, people have no patience whatsoever. HL2 and CS:S aren't far off, surely we can wait until they're released. Buying CZ now just to play CS:S is crazy, and a waste of money unless you really want to play CZ, and downloading it is worse. Switch to decaf, chill out, and just wait for it to come out properly.

Logic said:
Man, people have no patience whatsoever. HL2 and CS:S aren't far off, surely we can wait until they're released. Buying CZ now just to play CS:S is crazy, and a waste of money unless you really want to play CZ, and downloading it is worse. Switch to decaf, chill out, and just wait for it to come out properly.

i never played CS, so i bought it since i heard that the bot AI was also good. on top of that i get into the css beta which is a bonus. the only problem is that CZ is outdated graphics wise.

Back