cs_militia released!

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
Restart Steam, everyone, because remember how we saw those beautiful shots of cs_militia? Well, it's out, and perhaps a bit sooner than some of us expected! Following is the quote from SteamPowered:
Updates to Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

New Map

* Added cs_militia with High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting

Counter-Strike: Source

* Fixed player name crash exploit
* Fixed rare visibility issue near portals such as doorways and windows
* Fixed a bug that occasionally resulted in doors becoming stuck closed
* Fixed animation issue with shotgun reloads interrupting fire animations
* Fixed bug where footsteps sometimes sounded for crouched players on stairs or slopes (they no longer do)
* Fixed buy menu locking up if keypad Enter is bound to "buymenu"
* Detail props sway in the breeze now
* Underwater observers no longer play drowning damage sounds

Hostage changes

* Hostages can open doors and step up onto ledges/stairs now
* Hostages and Bots obey NAV_MESH_NO_HOSTAGES

Source Engine

* Added FCVAR_CHEAT to some cvars in the materials system

Better yet, detail props sway in the breeze now!!!

Well call me fat and kiss my buttcheek, they released de_militia! I am loading it up now.

buttcheek said:
Well call me fat and kiss my buttcheek, they released de_militia! I am loading it up now.
uh....maybe not lol

I'm getting the impression that the steam servers are getting over loaded. I updated very close to when it was released. but now it gotten worse, other buddys of mine are taking long to update. on some servers everyone is 100+

Yay! Hostages can open doors and step onto ledges now.

CS:S hostages are real pains sometimes.

This is the best looking map so far. ****ing insane! This makes dust2 look like 1.6 :/ I hope they remake all the maps with hdr at least.

CS:S overall fails at life; it's gameplay remains a bastardization of superior products. I'd still rather be playing Rogue Spear or gassing hostages in SWAT 3.

Sorry to bring the tone down, but there's far too much ejaculation & buttsecks in here.

WOW! Prettiest map I've seen in source yet! I thought de_nuke would be hard to top but its up there. Funny, the only reason I even have CS:S installed is just to walk through the new maps they release and go "ooooooooo".

I think the thing that did it for me was seeing the creek running under the bridge, the brush-based lightrays, and the small waterfall.

Although I don't understand, why would the glass from the skylights shake your screen?

atakgrbl said:
CS:S overall fails at life; it's gameplay remains a bastardization of superior products. I'd still rather be playing Rogue Spear or gassing hostages in SWAT 3.

Sorry to bring the tone down, but there's far too much ejaculation & buttsecks in here.
Jeez, someone forgot their prozac this morning...

And besides, even if this were true, it has nothing to do with cs_militia, so go find someone else's parade to rain on.

atakgrbl said:

Go play those games then, point of ranting was? Oh, there was no point.

Are the specular maps or whatever still really shiny? I haven't got the update yet and I'm sick of aztec looking like some weird South American winter wonderland.

venturon said:
Are the specular maps or whatever still really shiny? I haven't got the update yet and I'm sick of aztec looking like some weird South American winter wonderland.
Nah, they fixed the weird shinyness a while ago.

Yeaaaaaah paaaaaartyyyyyyyy! Now if we had a game arrangement forum I'd challenge ya'll to a match.

yey ! i dont play cs anymore, ... but ill give it a try.

-dodo

NICE! Now im gonna play some CS:Source since my fav map has returned!

Ha! 10 minutes ago, before turning the PC on, I was thinking about cs_militia. I thought "They usually release updates on Wednesday/Thursday or Thursday/Friday night. Yesterday we got 3 new screenshots, so maybe they will release it tonight!". I boot the PC, check hl2.net and there it is, a pleasant surprise :)

Great looking map. Still got the basic layout of the original but with a few nice little tweaks here & there.

Very laggy on my PC though & that's with HDR disabled. I reckon my system is starting to feel the strain of the more advanced CSS maps even with some graphic settings reduced (Reflections are on the minimum setting. Everything else is HIGH apart from model detail which is on MEDIUM. AAx2 & AFx4).

ahm cant't wait to come home from school and play this awesome map.....

ahm i don't have played css for a long time ... fu** wow....

DiSTuRbEd said:
Go play those games then, point of ranting was? Oh, there was no point.
Point being: the irony of that highly-polished turd (in the screenshot) was not lost on me.

Seems like a big map, the download is taking long.

Sorry, forgot to flush... the map looks great btw, cant wait to play it... downloading as i type!

Best looking map for CS:S. Most CS:S maps are pretty good looking.

cs_assult still owns all.

Sulkdodds said:
Yeaaaaaah paaaaaartyyyyyyyy! Now if we had a game arrangement forum I'd challenge ya'll to a match.
We do, it's called IRC :p

Just played on a 100 tick server and nearly imploded because the stupid doors would just stutter when you approach them, making it either impossible to get out or an easy target :/
I moved to a 66 tick server and the doors seemed fine :eek:

Unfocused said:
Seems like a big map, the download is taking long.
It's not very big but the level of detail is beyond any previous CSS maps.

Back