cs_militia released!

Good map. Now why has CSS cleared my favourites list and wont remember any servers I add to it? >=|

If you were on xfire more often sulkdodds...

Havent seen much of the map yet, just about to boot it now.

This map looks absolutely insane! I am terribly impressed with the way it looks and the way it plays--always great! I thought Inferno looked good, but this takes the cake!

Still cant palying, it just crashes when I try to load it now.

theSteven said:
cs_assault still owns all.
QFT.
Sweet, sweet accidental TK'ing.

This map is looking like hawt sweaty man sechs too btw

VictimOfScience said:
This map looks absolutely insane! I am terribly impressed with the way it looks and the way it plays--always great! I thought Inferno looked good, but this takes the cake!

It looks good, but it's a long way off looking next-gen. None of the new textures are normalmapped. The rock texture looks mediocre. The stream is cubemapped rather than having the usual render-to-texture sweetness.

The outdoor detail is impressive, though. And some of the textures are higher-res than Valve usually put out.

Just played 5vs5 all settings on full, and i was taken back completely!!

the detail in this map is nothing like anyother map or game i have played before. the inside and outside is insanely well done!!!

i cant think of ways to describe it so ill let you play it for yourself ;)

Solaris said:
Still cant palying, it just crashes when I try to load it now.
Let it finish downloading first :p

atakgrbl said:
Point being: the irony of that highly-polished turd (in the screenshot) was not lost on me.
Hey, stfu... I'm sure you feel cool and elitist, but you're just coming off as an asshole. If you're going to criticise, do it nicely. Anyone with half a brain would at least respect Counter-Strike for the simplicity of its gameplay - and yes, CS is fun, contrary to what you'd like to believe I'm sure - and the fact that it was made by a few people in their spare time.

Thing is, I agree with you that there are games better deserving of CS's popularity, but I'm not a little bitch about it. Go try to start fights somewhere else.

Oh well

hm, bots improved, ok, but the hostages stuck like allways anywhere and everyway, and by the way, the map starts on my system half wireframed, maybe of new used shaders i got an dirX 8.1 Geforce 4, maybe thats why! Its the first map, working in wireframe, great work valve!

the good:

one of the best maps return, though I can't comment on gameplay wise since I haven't tried it against humans yet.

it looks good.

the bad:

now my game will freeze every ten minutes or so.

they still haven't fixed the specular maps bug.

albeit the map looks good way too many of the props are bolted to their spot/unbreakable.

Wow. I don't play much CS:S, but this map just takes the cake. It plays awesome (I love the nasty firefights you get in the tunnels - finally smoke grenades are actually incredibly useful).

It's great how the hostages can now jump off ledges/open doors etc.

The only problem with this map is that it's still largely a sniper-fest - very difficult to get the hostages back to safety if there are a few well-located awpers (although the stream route is pretty failsafe, if you can get the hostages down the ladders).

For a good ol' SWAT vs. Terror level, this is AMAZING, seems like something out of Rainbow 6

Compared to the old militia, it somehow doesn't feel as fun

very, very nice work.

But.... reason for I bought half life 2!!! was well yes hl2 not CS!. Think they are doing a increadible work on CS and less and less on hl2. Yes I know about aftermath.

But why do Valve spend so increadible much work on a "free addon". ?

i just played cs_militia and omg :O
best source map yet!! :thumbs:

/me goes off to play it some more

alphadec said:
very, very nice work.

But.... reason for I bought half life 2!!! was well yes hl2 not CS!. Think they are doing a increadible work on CS and less and less on hl2. Yes I know about aftermath.

But why do Valve spend so increadible much work on a "free addon". ?

Because it's a remake of the most popular multiplayer fps.

smokeythebear said:
the detail in this map is nothing like anyother map or game i have played before.
O rly?
I seriously doubt it looks better than [insert relatively new FPS game here]

I still haven't managed to actually play this bitch yet, my pc is not being co-operative.

holy shimmyshimmy!!! That looks completely different than the millitia from 1.6!!! that pwn0rz

Back