CT Skin WIP

1-THOUGHT

wip but crits welcome anyway. =)

BH_10.jpg

not sure what you mean Pen...... here are concept and model sheet

BH_3.jpg

BH_4.jpg

The structure and flow of the model is totally wrong. I would start commenting on each part but it would take me ages. Sorry if that seems offense. But before you move onto character modelling I would make sure you understand how to model and how an actual mesh works.

2/10

None of the polys or structure flows creating alot alot of inperfections in the mesh , not to bad for a first try. Look up some character modeling tutorals of some sort to try and get an understanding of how models should flow. You should also remeber these characters will be animated and there for the structure should alow the model to move with no cliping and other errors. Your model is very messy around the joints which will make it near inpossibale to animate realistily.

laf. well I thought id get some decent feedback but Im wrong.

The armor will be rigged seperately from the model to allow it to stay rigid and not bend, like a rigid body should. The vest, armor and clips will all be free objects that will fall off/animate when the character dies. besides this is a WIP, only about 3 hours of work.

Ichi is someone to listen to? if I wanted to model a 12 year old soldier I would. Youre scale is off, the head is way too big for that body. how many heads tall is that model anyway? 4?

There are alot of smoothing problems, generaly caused by errors in the mesh. Try turning some edges and stuff like that. Areas such as legs and arms i recomend starting with cylinders, then rotating and scaling the verts in editable mesh/polly, this gives the segments needed around joints for animation.

well as long as we're at it, and we are revearing ichis work, allow me to demonstrate my points... Image 1... perspective is completely off... section 1 has a 3/4 birds eye view perspective, while section 2 has a 3/4 worms eye view... impossible.. but a nice try

Image2: Unless our friend was modeling this after himself and intended it to be a 14 yo kid.. the scale is off.. I even tried to fit a fifth head in there just to be generous but, tsk tsk, just didnt work. 8 heads champ.. try the "scale" tool to stretch tubby out a bit.

I could go on tearing ichi and his site a new one, but that would take "ages". until the amatuers develop skillz, im out.

laf1.jpg

oops5.jpg

u shudnt take it the wrong way mate...they just gave ua little helpful advise from what they saw.
its a wip so im sure it will get better but from what i see in the wireframe uve captured it well its jsut the armor that makes it look off.
it shud be PERFECT after skinning .
i ve seen lowpoly models like these ......guns without the ksin they look super crapy but when u turn the skin on its fine.

edit: love the concept .....u shud use "symetry instead of mirror works a lot better...it will get that seam out of ur model.
then all u need to do is colapse it and unwrap.
or just unwrap .

Sorry but Itchi's model looks way better, sure it's a little short and fat, put some people are short and fat so it's not exactly unlreasitc scale ways, not every character model has to be 6ft tall and average build.

Your model however 1-THOUGHT, looks rough, and just weird in general.

If Itchi's an amateur, what does that make you?

he wasnt trying to say his model is short and fat .....short fat people also have some kind of proportion.
his model is totaly misproportioned (if thats the right word :S)
and thats obvious.
i think he just left out a few details to add later while skinning ...which is the smarter thing to do .
PLS DONT TURN THIS INTO A FLAME WAR.

considering I am a profesional, that makes me a professional. the model isnt "mirrored" its an instanced copy, I wont weld it together until its done... no offense gang. sorry if I came off as harsh.

1-THOUGHT said:
considering I am a profesional, that makes me a professional. the model isnt "mirrored" its an instanced copy, I wont weld it together until its done... no offense gang. sorry if I came off as harsh.

I cant believe your a profesional, no only by the standerd of the model but by the way you are responding to these crits and comments, very unprofesional!

yeah u have to admit u were a little imature about it.......but in any case we will all forgive u and itchy .
welcome to the forums.
we hope to see more of ur work.

No offense 1-THOUGHT your an ass hole so I'm pritty much just going to show you. About my concept work. First of all its made by Quakeulf, which u have to be a total ****ing retard to critase because imo he makes some of the best weapons concepts in the hl2 mod scene. Also you have to be stupid to say he can not draw properly. This should prove it:

lemon83.jpg

marikomatte3mxnyo.jpg

lemon79.jpg

cam-bgs-graatone.gif

You will learn very fast to take crit and not give it. Mainly because you will not get anywhere. If you continue to think youa re correct, then how will you learn ? Also look at my wireframe compared to yours:

Light_Infantry_Wire_Beta4.jpg

Its not the best in the world but I know this. Thats because it was only my 2nd character model. I'm not going to start argueing saying "ow my work is better than yours" because at the end of the day it doesn't matter. I don't care who is better than me or anyone who is worse. I tryed to help without offending you but failed so I'm sorry if you are getting angry. But take one big long look in the mirror.

It really pisses me off that u tryed to insult Quakeulfs art work when I work with him directly and he is a very good friend.

I can't show you the weapons he designed but I can show you the models I have made from his concepts:

SMG_Heavy_Final.jpg

m45_Final.jpg

I rest my case.

OMG, that assault rifle is BEAUTIFUL. Reminds me of the SSt Mortia in a way. For Corporate Anarchy yes?

Omg Dude Ichi (first time i spell right) U ****ing Rock. WE love ur models and concept. First one has pointy tits but she isnt supposto be a sexy model well anime boobs give me boners so its good u made them not too bid Nice SHIT Tho. Really love it.

SST said:
Omg Dude Ichi (first time i spell right) U ****ing Rock. WE love ur models and concept. First one has pointy tits but she isnt supposto be a sexy model well anime boobs give me boners so its good u made them not too bid Nice SHIT Tho. Really love it.

They are not his concepts, read the post :/

meh.. the head on that guys model looks reallly weird for some reason.

Well....first off....IchI was just being nice and trying to point things out.....but I guess 1-Thought took it the wrong way..... But since this is a WIP lets give this guy a chance and see what his "professional" work looks like. He seems to boast a lot about himself being a professional and all... And IchI we all love you and don't foget that...:)

1thought, dude, you asked for c&c and instead of taking it as c&c you take it as a attack and you lash out, you shouldent ask for it if you cant handle it, even if it is harsh....
plus i see you've posted a thread about this at polycount too, where you completely ignored what was being said... people are trying to help you, you should be happy that someone cares and wants to aid you

and ichi maybe you could have given a little more feedback than just posting that it was so bad that you dident even want to start commenting on it

spread peace & love and god will love you... or something like that :p

ichi what he was trying to say was that the dude got his perspective wrong half way...which can be seen in taht particular drawing.
hes an amazing artist tho.
anyways............
lets just wait till the next update ? hmm..

i say we judge everyone and make them sit at the back of the bus.

I did copme across a little harsh. But I still stand by what I said. His method of modelling is not good enough to produce good models. There isn't much point in commenting on a model in certain areas when the whole model has been done wrong.

I was trying to say it in a no offensive way. But its vertually impossible.

Well, Ichi, you usually have to sacrifice some... er... "good manners" when telling someone flaws in their work. I mean, what the hell would it be if everyone walked around saying that everything anyone does is beautiful and amazing? It doesn't work like that, people learn from other people, and that is how it is done.

1-Thought:
I'll admit that I don't know too much about modelling, but I felt as if I had to comment. Ichi is a famous name around here, and many modellers I know look up to him. You don't have to take his advice, but it seems as though he knows what he is doing pretty damn well. And whoever you are, you definately are not professional; even if you are in a team or whatever doing something "pro." If you were, you wouldn't have taken Ichi's comments as if he was harrassing you, and you wouldn't have come back and said stupid things like "I'm better than you are pffftt!" Grow up, man, and face some critisism.

If only we could actually see weapon designs like that in games.

If you're not going to properly apply smoothing groups to the model, then don't show us the smoothing groups at all. I imagine it would look much better flat-shaded than it does now. I am really unable to see wha the model really looks like due to the horrible smoothing groups. Also, did you subdivide the head? It looks like it was either subdivided or maybe not polygonally modeled.

This is quite horribly off topic...

Ichi, thanks for showing those pics! They actually helped me out concerning skin tones, say thanks to quakeulf for me.... :LOL:

And well... Your models are always superb mate.. :O

yeah, that's it... :p

The armor looks very boxy and you have a lot of polygons under it that aren't even seen.

ahaha, i thought so, youre the 'pr*ck' who was moaning earlier about all the models around here being guns. oh well, looks like you failed miserably on the character modelling front. maybe now youll go back to modelling guns...or possibly garden furniture if you dont like guns.

oh yeah, to clear this up ( cause you are seriously confused ), youre definitely not a proffessional.

PS. sorry if this thread was dead. i was away all last week, but just had to say something.

Back