CTF 2Fort for HL2 DM

Kusa,

I played b8n last night, with no glowballs or .357 and I must say i liked it very much. Very well balanced game. It really increased the use of strategy.

At one point we had 2 dumpsters on the bridge to use for cover. It was really different and fun.

The last time I played on your other map b8? with the .357 snipers, I could not even get across the bridge. I still can't decide if that .357 is a good or bad thing. I wonder what others think about it.

Thanks again Kusa. The game was much better in my opinion without that darn glowball. And I like the bouncepads too.

ILL Clinton

I just played b8n map and felt it was a tight game IMO.
But I dunno what skilled snipers think on b8n though. I think I'm going to make 2 version of the map as well if I release next one.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Did you weaken the crossbow? I understand why, but I think maybe it was made a bit too weak.

I didn't touch crossbows, it's server settings and I don't think the server admins change it.
If you want to have more power, ask the admins change 'sk_plr_dmg_crossbow' (default is 100) for server.cfg.

Kusa,

Are you still here?

Thanks for making the b8n version of the map, the guys at aurig.us tried it out, but went back to b8 because they liked the .357

How about in your next map you try a compromise. Leave the .357 and the combine orb in the map, but put the combine orb in the basement only. That way, just like the rpg and the jumppad, it takes a little longer to go get it.

What'dya think?

ILL Clinton

Heya,
ILL_Clinton said:
put the combine orb in the basement only.
I don't like ppl can grab 3 combine balls even if I set their spawn longer than default.
And as I said before on 14-03-2005, it can easily be duplicated many as you want which is why I'm not willing to.
Admins can set config.cfg for max cbs you may have (this can't set from the map though).

Well, I just remembered I can try with warpath method which you can't duplicate items.

Thanks for your idea.

Back