CTF_Greystone B1

-Psy-

Walking round in women's underwear
Reaction score
My first release in two years. Finally, I got a map finished! :)

It's a little empty in some places but I was already very close to the brush limit and my texinfo had reached 99.5% so apart from spamming decals, overlays, and props.

If people like the way the map plays, I'll just pretty it up for the next version and I'll use models to replace a lot of the complex brushwork.

Download Now.

Enjoy.

Nice looking map Psycho, gona go test it now. :D

- No differentiation in the environment based on which side you're playing. This is a must for any good TF2 map.
- It's mirrored with no variation whatsoever. Note that by remodeling the thing entirely to team colors you automatically introduce variation which takes care of this one.
- It's also empty just like you said. Props are your friend, just don't overuse them.
- It looks like Peach' castle in general. Yes, princess Peach from Mario games. TF2 is more in the region of Arizona/generic hillbilly land, not fancypants fantasy world with oversaturated everything, talking mushrooms and such.
- "Control Point" signs in CTF map??
- I kinda doubt any of the rooms have been tested for gameplay other than running around as soldiers/demos. Think how engineers would like to play in that map, think how snipers would play in that map and where the maps' chokepoints are.

What you have now looks like a good TCF map. For TF2 it looks...just not good enough.

- No differentiation in the environment based on which side you're playing. This is a must for any good TF2 map.
- It's mirrored with no variation whatsoever. Note that by remodeling the thing entirely to team colors you automatically introduce variation which takes care of this one.
- It's also empty just like you said. Props are your friend, just don't overuse them.
- It looks like Peach' castle in general. Yes, princess Peach from Mario games. TF2 is more in the region of Arizona/generic hillbilly land, not fancypants fantasy world with oversaturated everything, talking mushrooms and such.
- "Control Point" signs in CTF map??
- I kinda doubt any of the rooms have been tested for gameplay other than running around as soldiers/demos. Think how engineers would like to play in that map, think how snipers would play in that map and where the maps' chokepoints are.

What you have now looks like a good TCF map. For TF2 it looks...just not good enough.

Hmm, I fancy a game of Team Classic Fortress.

Yes, I am aware that it doesn't look much like a TF2 map but that was the point. Look at all the maps which resemble Dustbowl or 2Fort. I'm bored of the TF2 style and that's why I did something different.

Good hint for future, trying to point out spelling errors through sarcasm on the Internet, especially on international forums seldom works.

Let me rephrase that, it never works.

What we need is for someone to retain the TF2 aesthetic while changing the environment. Russia would be a good place to try.

Seems like a really good map. It just needs props (to add colour and interesting sights) and a few tweaks with gameplay. Other than that its great :D

Looks like it might be fun, although I haven't dl'ed it yet. I couldn't care less about the whole 'TF2 aesthetic' being absent - that warehouse vs barnhouse thing can be amusing but I don't see why every mapper should have to try and conform to that if they don't want to.

Back