Curious Screen Shot [HL2 Engine]

Both Source and the Doom3 engine are designed for different needs and requirements, the Doom3 engine's weakness is it's inability to render large, outdoor enviroments very well, it is much more designed for closed in enviroments. Source on the other hand, is very good at doing both.

The screenshot from Vampires in the first thread isn't very impressive at all, it reminds me very much of the graphics from Counter Strike: Condition Zero, not Half Life 2. Also, the videos for Vampires looks no where near as good, interms of graphics, as the Half Life 2 videos.

Who cares if Vampires is ugly? I hardly think that will stop anyone from playing it, and it will most certainly not stop me!

DISCLAIMER: Varg is in no way implying that Vampire is t3h ugl3h and can therefore not be charged with sudden blood loss in the middle of the night or anything of that sort.

people dont rely on ss,according to ALL the press at e3 the game looks really,really sweet(vampire that is).

graphics arent everything people. even if hl2 looked like halo (rofl what a rubbish game that was), it would be the best game ever. the advanced physics, non-scripted ai...the list just goes on. imagine a game with doom graphics and hl2's source code (minus the graphics)...u'd be mad not to play it.

Back