Curves and lighting

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
I have a small problem. My curved brushes are not lit up properly. Weither they are curved inward or outward doesn't matter.

dm_beta1_02.jpg

Is there a solution?

hard to tell really - maybe by using lighting more effectively - sorry cant really tell from the shot...

Are you talking about the segments you can see on the cylinder in the middle? The reason is because BSP doesn't have smoothing groups, so the faces do not smooth together. Radiant - the D3/Q3/CoD etc editor - has a thing called "patches" that lets you create smoothly curved objects, but Hammer has no option like this.

To solve it you could use a model with smoothing groups instead of the cylinder brush.

I have a quick question, and I don't want to start a new thread. Its about leaks.. I'm usually pretty good with using the pointfile, but this time something is messed up.. its showing a leak that starts from nothing, and goes to nothing.. completely outside my map... usually it would go through a hole between 2 brushes or something like that, but this times its in the middle of no where as you can see.

StardogChampion said:
Are you talking about the segments you can see on the cylinder in the middle? The reason is because BSP doesn't have smoothing groups, so the faces do not smooth together. Radiant - the D3/Q3/CoD etc editor - has a thing called "patches" that lets you create smoothly curved objects, but Hammer has no option like this.

To solve it you could use a model with smoothing groups instead of the cylinder brush.

Hammer has smoothing groups.

I noticed that when I was changing the 3D view modes, I wasn't sure that you could actually change them though. Nice.

NoisyMonk said:
I have a quick question, and I don't want to start a new thread. Its about leaks.. I'm usually pretty good with using the pointfile, but this time something is messed up.. its showing a leak that starts from nothing, and goes to nothing.. completely outside my map... usually it would go through a hole between 2 brushes or something like that, but this times its in the middle of no where as you can see.

Are any of the nodraw brushes on a world brush by mistake (as in going through the whole wall) - even in a small space i think it could get messed up...

Back