Curves to Polymesh?

craze3

Reaction score
How do i turn a curve into polymesh?
I selected the curve then i click CREATE>POLY MESH> CURVES TO MESH . Then the porperties dialouge pops up and the curves are deselected. So I select them again and then the dialouge box changes, but i click BACK and it goes back to the CURVES TO MESH properties with the curves still selected. Then I change CONTOUR and HOLES to 1 and then click FREEZE in the lower right corner of the screen, but then when i change the display view to SHADED, the curve doesnt turn black...cuz its still a curve and not a mesh yet (i assume). Plus the selection is selected in white instead of blue, meaning that it is not a poly yet (i also asume.) So can anyone help me out? im using the free hl2 version of XSI and i want to turn a Curve in to a Polygon / Polymesh.

BTW: Im a total n00b!

It's simple:

1. select curve and go on -curves to mesh-
2. the dialog pops up, set subdivisions to 1 and close the dialog
3. Select the polymesh, you can go on the Scene button on your right for easier selection.
4. Click on freeze
5. select the curve, press Delete

desty

hey desty, i got this info from ur videos, so i wanted to say thnx very much! But After i select the polymesh from scene, i dunt see anything highlighted on any of my views. Shouldnt the polymesh be highlighted?

maybe not.. just try pressing V and moving it... see if it moves?

desty

it does but its like invisible! i dunt know what im moving!

arg, g2g sleep - just try doing it in different ways and always make sure you are selecting the correct object, check its name on the right hand side. crvlist is curve and polymesh is polygon mesh...

desty

i know but i cant convert it! owell thnx for trying .

i can only convert curve to mesh if i SKETCHED the curve. I cant do it if i use linear point plotting! that makes it harder to model! what do i need to do to fix this?

Ok, I think the problem is that you haven't closed the curve, it seems like in XSI EXP - you have to go into Modify->curve->open/close Curve. that should fix it.

desty

Back