Custom models not showing up in compiled map

Sgt. Redneck

Reaction score
Error! To use model "models/path.mdl"
with prop_static, it must be compiled with $staticprop!
Error loading studio model "models/path.mdl"!

... $staticprop? How do I fix this, the cars show up in hammer and work as dynamics. Are they just not compatible with static? :x

Correct.

If it's (as indicated) a custom model, making it work as a prop_static requires placing a $staticprop line in its QC file, to my knowledge.

So they aren't compatible with prop_static. Ok, since I didn't make them, and there is no prop_static_overide can i use it as prop_dynamic without it having any different effects then static, what will the difference be.

Dynamic props are slightly more engine-taxing than static props since they're, well, dynamic. There also won't be any static shadows cast on the geometry around the prop.

Is there a simple way to hex the qc or decompile it of something to make it static compatible. Or it there some kinda of prop_static_override?

You can decompile the model and recompile it as a static prop if you like. There exist model decompilers and recompilers.

Use, StudioCompiler, and decompile, and then recompile like raeven said. Its what i use.

And Sgt, where have you been?

-NSF

Ah ok I will check into that. I've been on xfire I guess I just haven't been coming to the forums as often as usual, I'll come check back in and see whats going on.

Back