Custom models on G-mod

halflifeguy

Reaction score
how do i put custom models for CS:S in Garry's Mod 8?
i thought that since i use the models in CS:S that they would be in G-mod but i guess u have to put thm in manually......
please help:bounce:

he triple posted! did anyone see that. remember what happened when i triple posted. obviously it was a personal thing.

crack head got banned for tripple posting i sugest deleting it before a mod gets here ...jsut blank it out ..

ive triple posted before.......even prolly five in a row
sry no one was paying attention to my post and its was an emergency.......
anyway, does anybody know?

Did you try to copy the models from the CSS model folder to Garry's MOD model folder...?
Extract them with GCFScape.

yeah i have........... i might not have put them in the right place though
if i didint put them in the right place where did i put them?

hes posted five times in a row! that is so bad if i did that they would probally like burn down my house or something.

well if i were to put the CS weapon files into a G-mod folder, which one would it be?

The same as CSS /models. Then you have to put the textures into materials/model/.

i have done that............
it doesnt work......

Edit. I did what u said and im guessing thats the right place you put them cus when i spawn them they have the purple checker texture......so maybe im still not doing something right or it just wont work with these models.........

That means the textures are not at the right place (the models are in the right directory).

You extract the missing textures to the right directory. Look at where they are in the gcf and put them in the corresponding directory of the G-Mod folder. What did you extract exactly? (the materials)

the folders for the materials are called "v_models" and w_models" and i put them in Valve/steam/steamapps/sourcemods/g-mod/materials/weapons

ok, mine are in
materials/models/weapons/v_models
and
materials/models/weapons/w_models

so i put them in
Valve/steam/steamapps/sourcemods/g-mod/materials/models/weapons/v_models
and
Valve/steam/steamapps/sourcemods/g-mod/materials/models/weapons/w_models

yes..........thats how they are arranged......
i just copied and pasted them from the Cs folder to the g-mod folder.......
what version are u running?
im running 8.3b

They're still purple checkered!!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhh

8.3b

Show me a print screen of Windows Explorer with the /SourceMods directories (hierarchy up to v_models).

Back