CZ delays and the Source engine

G

Valve said that if CZ had gotten delayed any more than it had, they would have just moved it over to the source engine. So, for all of you CS and CZ fans out there, would you have minded waiting another 6 or 7 months for CZ, just to be able to play it on the source engine?

I would. I was really kind of hoping that it would get delayed, and moved to source, becuase once HL2 comes into play, everything befor it is just gonna feel like it's missing somthing, or WAY behind the tide. Oh well, I'm still gunna buy CZ.

I honestly don't care anymore about CS:CZ.. it's like DNF.. big hype, delayed, some hype, delayed, little hype, delayed, minor care, delayed... don't care... still delayed.. I am sure that if it's going to succeed it can't rely on the current engine they are using since it's seriously outdated.

yer i will also IF its a gd game..... graphics aren;t all that as you might tell since i still play CS everyday and no other game gets a look in after ive finished it once and played the multiplayer for about..... ohhhhh 30 minutes lol :D

Kam

ya i don't really care about cs:cz anymore. Now that Ritual or some companey like that is turning it more into a regular FPS than making it "counter-strikey" I dont really care about it. Besides Half Life 2 is gonna kick counter-strikes ass

I think at this point CZ will pretty much have to be ported to Source if they want it to do well at all. Not many people will buy it in its present form because most people will be saving their money to upgrade their systems for the release of hl2, and doom3, and stalker, and far cry and also saving money for those games themselves. I sure as hell would rather pour the $30 or whatever it's going to cost into extra ram or a slightly faster chip than buying a game that's based on a six-year-old engine(remember that half-life doesn't have it's own engine, it's built on the quake 2 engine) when all the next-generation engines are coming out.

MODs will be awsome, CZ will be fun but not nearly as good as HL2

I'd like it to be moved to source by now... If it had come out a year ago like it was meant to then... But its been delayed so much...

If it got moved to source engine, then it would be like CS 2. Which is something I want.

i don't really care about CZ anymore. i don't think it will be accepted by the professional gaming community.

Back