D-Day 60th Anniversary

Naft said:
i dont know if any of you have heard of this, but christmas of '44 i think it was, on the allied drive toward germany....somewhere, i dont remember where, both sides laid down their weapons, ceased all combat, and played some football and had dinner.

wrong war kid. that was WWI. get it right please.

Yeah...That was the first Christmas of WW1, before the generals cracked down and made it really bad.

Anyone willing to lay down their lives to fight for freedom and to protect their way family deserves all the respect in the world.

CptStern said:
canadians, polish, hungarians, Australian, Italians, Ethiopians etc...it wasnt just the US and the english that fought ww2

It's called World War for a reason.

I think the average German soldier was just defending his country, however the Waffen SS where known to be dedicated Nazi followers, they were fanatic to say the least.

I pay alll my respects to the people that fell that time period.

Sprafa said:
He should have kept with the Russians and crushed the Americans (Canada, USA & Brazil) and the British, then attacked the SU.

If he had done this the Germans would have won. We were all kinda lucky that he chose to attack Russia. By doing that Hitler was fighting a war on two fronts which he would later go on to lose.

Back