D.E.A.D. Mega Update

A

Azlan

D.E.A.D. is one of the most promising survival horror mods being created right now and they have released a large media release for May. Other mods, take note, this is a great way to garner great spotlight to your mod. D.E.A.D. mixes the best elements of movies like Dawn of the Dead with the best Survival Horror games such as Resident Evil and puts them in a FPS world where you fight off hordes of zombies to achieve goals.[br]</br>To manually download the media release, click here.[br]</br>The Soundtrack has also been updated, which you can download here.[br][br]To learn more about D.E.A.D., click here.

Not bad, I like the blood trail leading into the toilet... when you gotta go, you gotta go!

Good work on the props too. Poster could use a little work, I'll make you some fake movie posters if you want. I'm handy at parody stuff in photoshop :p

Oh shits! A movie theatre? (*Has Duke 3d Flashbacks.)

Those are some nice prefabs...and that nasty bathroom gives me flashbacks of the womens' rooms during my brief stint as a custodian.

that is one very very cool map ... nice

well what an update. all the maps look great and i cant say that i hate the models although the popcorn looks very static (or thats jus me bein picky :D)

Good Job Guys Keep It Up :thumbs:

Very impressive so far, good atmosphere.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

the maps are looking much better, im also looking forward to it now.

At first a big THX to all for the great feedback...if one of you want to know more about the mod just join our IRC
Server: gamesurge | Channel: #d.e.a.d
Or sent me an e-mail.

P.s.: Morganhahaha ...if u are interestet...we are searching for a texture artist. So if you are serios and got some samples to show us, just sign up at the forum make a new thread and show us what u got.

Greetz Bambi

Hey, nice screenshots ... I see you guys are making a cinema map, that's cool... I made one for the Half-Life 1 engine (a cs map)

Looksie: -

cs_uci.jpg

I could have sent you the raw map file and saved you time in making a fresh map, but never mind :D

Looking good fellas :thumbs:

D.E.A.D | Bambi said:
At first a big THX to all for the great feedback...if one of you want to know more about the mod just join our IRC
Server: gamesurge | Channel: #d.e.a.d
Or sent me an e-mail.

P.s.: Morganhahaha ...if u are interestet...we are searching for a texture artist. So if you are serios and got some samples to show us, just sign up at the forum make a new thread and show us what u got.

Greetz Bambi

Hey in the bottom middle picture, is that light on a moveable stand? The shape looks familiar, but I can't be too sure.

Also, have you ever considered Portishead for the soundtrack? Mysterons is a particularly good eerie tune.

"Danger is his name o!" That made me laugh. Awesome poster. xD
It's lookin' nice so far. The maps seem to reek of atmosphere.

The gameplay sounds interesting, too. I would love to rip someones arm off and beat them to death with it.
...In the game? ...Yeah. Sure. That's what I meant. >_>

Chav said:
their site sucks.

We are looking for someone to help us with that... besides you dont have to have a cool website to produce as great mod, keep that in mind ;)

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback, we hope you enjoy next months update just as much.

Hopefully you'll find a texture artist so you don't have to use the HL2/CS:S ones :) The screenshots look very good, but nearly all the mods so far showing them have only used HL2/CS:S content, which is kind of getting used up fast ;) Will be nice to see more media once you have more custom content in game!

Argyll said:
Hopefully you'll find a texture artist so you don't have to use the HL2/CS:S ones :) The screenshots look very good, but nearly all the mods so far showing them have only used HL2/CS:S content, which is kind of getting used up fast ;) Will be nice to see more media once you have more custom content in game!

Trust me we want to use as little hl/cs content as possible, that is why were looking for texture artists, modelers, skinners

Hopefully we will be able to pick up some soon and then we can add the custom content we'd like to add.

Looks really good.

I'd love to help but I dont have any experience i what you need except webdesign and maybe texture artist, but I think you got that covered. bah, oh well

cool stuff but the team has some serious spelling issues. cinima.....

Ev!L ErN!E said:
We are looking for someone to help us with that... besides you dont have to have a cool website to produce as great mod, keep that in mind ;)

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback, we hope you enjoy next months update just as much.

No, I know but I tried to find media on your site, and I needed to really search closely for the link.

omikron said:
cool stuff but the team has some serious spelling issues. cinima.....
You can't blame them for English not being their first language.

Looks very Doom 3-ish, which isn't necessarily a bad thing! Here's hoping the gameplay is as good as the map design.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Oh shits! A movie theatre? (*Has Duke 3d Flashbacks.)

Those are some nice prefabs...and that nasty bathroom gives me flashbacks of the womens' rooms during my brief stint as a custodian.

dude, womens rooms are always the worst, any resturaunt or any place i ever worked, the womens bathroom was always nastier then the mens. and they say we're nasty

nice, lotsa maps, i want to see some ZOMBIESSSS

polyguns said:
nice, lotsa maps, i want to see some ZOMBIESSSS

We have just started that phase of the mod (player modeling). We hope to have at least 1 unskinned render of a player model for next months update. Stay tuned.

Like i said before, this mod looks like it will kick some serious ass. Nice work. :farmer:

Like everything, just one comment. Shouldn't the popcorn be moldy? I mean it's been sitting for a while now.

Dude....We gonna kick more than just asses with this mod ......balls, faces ,............. :frog:

but whatever ... all the great feedback keeps us up ^^

Greetz Bambi

kronos2 said:
Like everything, just one comment. Shouldn't the popcorn be moldy? I mean it's been sitting for a while now.

Not with all the salt and butter (preservatives) that gets dumped on it in a movie theater no ;)

I like the molty popcorne idea..... :)
MAKE IT MOLTY!!!!!!

Back