D3 Xbox Trailer

Downloading it now.. BETTER BE WORTH IT, OR ELSE!

ill pass, seeing of how much i dispise the xbox, i dont wanna waste time. the xbox screens dont look nearly as good as the pc ones do.

x84D80Yx said:
ill pass, seeing of how much i dispise the xbox, i dont wanna waste time. the xbox screens dont look nearly as good as the pc ones do.

The trailer actually looked very nice. Too bad they never really showed anything still, at all. I'd imagine it doesn't look so hot in still shots (as we've seen), but it looks great in motion

Despite me being a Doom freak, I'm gonna wait until it's actually shown at E3 before dling it from Gamespot. Weird I know, but oh well

Obviously graphical quality has been reduced, but that video shows framerate issues that could be a tad annoying. The character models look quite bad to be honest, but the environments are still good. There seems to be a lot of gibbing of some sorts going on too....

Yeah, looks like we've got some frame drop on our hands here. Gets me excited for the PC version though.

Soundwave said:
Despite me being a Doom freak, I'm gonna wait until it's actually shown at E3 before dling it from Gamespot. Weird I know, but oh well

i feel the same way.

I can only imagine how much that game would slow down on my geforce 2...hmm....

holy cow. it looks nice but i cannot see that running very well on the xbox... it slows down with one enemy on the screen.

I didn't see any slow downs at all. Im sure ID isn't stupid enough to release a glitchy game on the Xbox.

except "vicarious visions" is developing it.

Apollo 13 said:
I didn't see any slow downs at all. Im sure ID isn't stupid enough to release a glitchy game on the Xbox.

There is slowdown with just about every single enemy encounter, and at the start with those blue rotating lights.

Nice trailer overall. Just makes me glad to have a PC :)

I`m ****ing impressed! scary shit. this game is going to kick some serious ass :O on PC of course

Zoorado said:
Ugly, really? To me, it looks better than any other game yet shown on the xbox.

Tee hee hee go watch the new Halo 2 videos :O :D :D

I noticed the guy explodes when he's hit with a shotgun... I hope that doesn't happen too often, ragdolls add so much more to the atmosphere.

Murray_H said:
Tee hee hee go watch the new Halo 2 videos :O :D :D

I just watched Halo2 videos, it doesn't look as good as Doom3. Doom3 lighting and environmental effects are simply amazing. Its by far the best trailer i've seen on XBOX

I'm hoping the gibbing in that trailer was just for the XBox version, perhaps they can't handle the all the corpses and ragdoll at once so they use that method to decrease memory use.

If it does that for the PC version as well, hopefully it's not often. That's about the only thing I don't like that I've seen about Doom3 so far (aside from the jolly Revenant)

I checked the Doom3Center's still images of the trailer, and came across this pic: http://d3c.ngz-network.de/contentimages/xbox/e32004_480x360/30.jpg

That looks like the scene were the supposed gibbing takes place. But now I don't think it's gibbing after all. Take a look at the image, and you can see a skleton in the middle of all the body parts and blood.
It seems that the monster only gets it's skin blown away by the power of the shotgun, leaving only it's skeletal structure to remain. And maybe the remaining skeleton will still be ragdolled. If that's the case, then it's kinda cool. Certainly not bad at all.

I didn`t think dismemberment was going to be in D3. nice!

Indeed, by the way people, the Doom E3 trailer presently on FilePlanet is last years.

cadaver said:
I didn`t think dismemberment was going to be in D3. nice!

Yeah, look at that one scene where a zombie gets his brain blown out by the shotgun (what else)! You can literally see the whole brain fly out, and that's disgusting! ...Yet so fascinating :E

I was impressed, despite the considerably low texture quality in the console version. I was particularly impressed with the outdoor areas. The atmosphere with the lighting and dust blowing over the surfaces was done quite well. I remember a developer commenting that JC had written in special effects to make the surface of Mars have a very dusty wind-blown feel to it. I also like the direction of the overall atmosphere of the game. Finally getting out of the clean crips Alpha Labs and into the more tormented parts of the UAC facility.

About the gibbing, it has been said that the Demons will melt away after being killed and return to their realm. This is not to save memory for the x-box version, as it is in the PC version too. I imagine they won't do this when you go to Hell, but only on Mars. It doesn't appear that the lesser zombies melt away though, as you can see at one point a fat zombie is shot and a large chunk of his stomache is torn off and flies through the air, which was nice to see. The "melting away" effect is actually wuite cool, but it goes by so fast in this trailer that it's difficult to see. The skin actually melts off first and exposes the innards, then they melt away also and appear to sort of desintigrate and as you can see blood is sprayed all over the place. What is left is the skeleton and a few pieces it appears. If you just want to play with ragdolled corpses, then the skeletal remains will have to do until you go to Hell.

I also like how sorrowfull voices emenate from the hellish walls. Cool effect. The new creature, the one with the opening bottom jaw, was actually in the trailer form last year, but he wasn't skinned at all. The entire model was just gray with no texture. I don't know if this was an easter egg by id, or if someone at activision put the trailer together and just didn't realize it wasn't a finished model, or didn't care. The other new creature is quite cool aswell, the patches of hair left on his head is a nice touch.

Back