Damn Steam Blows

C

Counter_Strike

I PURCHASED HL2 BRONZE TODAY ON STEAM AND AFTER SWITCHING BETWEEN 2 CREDIT CARDS, AND HUNDREDS OF ERROR "YOUR CREDIT CARD WAS DECLINED" MESSAGES, i FINALLY GOT TO PURCHASE IT, BUT WAIT! THERES A CATCH, I CANT INSTALL IT:

pure ****ing BULLCRAP, GUESS I WONT BE FRAGGING TONITE..SIGH..

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 254
Also

Im A Bit Worried To Because If You Noticed On The Attached Image Above It Has No "hl2" Under My Games, Is This Normal Since Its Not Yet Released? Help!

HL2 will not appear under "My Games" until after it's been released, which it hasn't. As for your purchase, unfortunately you'll just have to wait until it's gone through Valve's purchase process. Be patient. All good things come to those who wait.

... and who don't feel the need to SHOUT ALL THE DAMN TIME. Please, try and stay calm :)
It'll be there soon! Keep us updated ...

I guess it won't take very long to process. It took a long time for me, but I ordered the game 10 minutes after it was released. I didn't get a reciept for about a week. That's your worst-case-scenario :)

I freaked you out now, didn't I?

Just relaxe. It'll get processed.

alright theanks for the advices guys, im installing source rite now :). i juust thought it was just me, and it would be there instantly.

i upgraded my bronze ati voucher to silver the sunday after you could start purchasing, i got it instantly and my receipe got in my mailbox in 5 min

oh my god! after installing source, and qi=uitting the application, i could not open it again ever, steam says that i cant because there is something wrong with my credit card transaction, when theres nothing wrong with it...and yea! the worst part is i cant trty to purchase it again! ive exeeded the 5 time try of using credit card for it might be fraud...omfg steam blows! i h8 them! cant even let me purchase their own product!.....im never buying a valva game ever again! geez i liked counter - strike too! but valve/steam! go f urselves!

sorry to say it but you are evidently the one in the wrong in this situation so dont complain

Almost certainly. I also tried to work out what the hell he was saying, but to no avail.

Seriously, if you have a problem with VALVe/Steam TALK TO THEM. Somehow I don't think it's their fault anyway ...

and this is why Steam will never be a standard format for game releases.

People have no patients or understanding. Instead of swearing and making yourself look 12, you should have waited or atleast asked in a civilised manner. Does putting your caps lock on turn you on too?

I don't think immaturity should ever prevent games being sold Steam style - there will always be silly childish people complaining. We can only hope they'll see sense one day :)

Back