Darwinia Update

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Valve have released a small update for the beautiful Darwinia, adding bugfixes, a German translation and an all-new difficulty scale from 1 (you are a complete wimp) to 10 ("Darwinia on Steroids"). The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.[br]Darwinia is a highly original, strange and wonderful creation melding action, strategy, puzzle and art elements to throw the player into a brutal war in a weird digital dreamworld. Click here to find out more, download the demo, or buy the game. Here are some pretty screenshots to make the newspost look nice.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif

Wahey!

Um... I can't find an update for my boxed, non-Steam version. Oh noes! I imagine it'll be around soon - one of my few complaints about Darwinia was that it wasn't very hard. The new difficulty scale should almost certainly fix that, so I'm itching to get back to ordering around hundreds of little green Darwinians again... ;-)

If you want hardness some of the community made maps are quite tricky, and you get some new gameplay with some of them as well ^_^

Cargo Cult said:
Wahey!

Um... I can't find an update for my boxed, non-Steam version. Oh noes! I imagine it'll be around soon - one of my few complaints about Darwinia was that it wasn't very hard. The new difficulty scale should almost certainly fix that, so I'm itching to get back to ordering around hundreds of little green Darwinians again... ;-)
I think Valve has actually released it too early. The non-Steam version patch is still in beta testing, considering the Steam and boxed versions are identical there should be no reason that one should be out earlier than the other

Veotax said:
I think Valve has actually released it too early. The non-Steam version patch is still in beta testing, considering the Steam and boxed versions are identical there should be no reason that one should be out earlier than the other
Seems then that Steam users are the Beta testers!

Nice and totally un-expected update for me though.

Could some one with the Steam version take a look at the version information for me and tell me what it says? (Under Options>Other Options) The beta is win32-full-1.4.2b2, what version is the Steam release?

Maybe the makes should have mentioned too since it sounds like Valve did the changes now :-P

I wasn't expecting any updates for Darwinia, cool.

...yes, thank you. Now if you would care to go and check the time between my post and Chris' news post, you would notice that I posted that about two hours before the official non-Steam release.

win32-full-steam-1.4.2
Hm, odd. I can't think of any reason why Introversion would bother tailoring the patch to Steam. Maybe Darwinia is intergrated into Steam a little more than I thought

Veotax said:
...yes, thank you. Now if you would care to go and check the time between my post and Chris' news post, you would notice that I posted that about two hours before the official non-Steam release.

uhh, time stamps are rather difficult to judge, considering time zones, forum settings, and whether you are logged in or not.

front page stamp: By Sulkdodds @ 8:52am Friday 10th March, 2006

forum stamp: Today, 03:52 AM

your post: Today, 06:02 AM

chris' post: Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:17 pm

stfu and enjoy the patch. :cheers:

Back