Das Roboss SP Mod Released!

Droning sound

Hey dogboy i get the same sound also, not sure if its intentional or which.Sound like a old fridge or something :p

background sound

Do you guys hear a kind of metallic sound as Dogboy described as a drone in the background?

I figured it out. Personally, I didn't think too much of. I found you had to back track a little too much, and overall it just wasn't as fun as Hl2. Not too bad of a mod, but I don't think I'm gonna finish it.

GonzoBabbleshit said:
what? did you not download the same zip file as everyone else?

actually, it was my mistake, the font in Notebook had been large and didnt show the directions, my fault.

This is a great expansion, or whatever you'd call it. Truly great level design, which creates the feel of a real environment, rather than just a big linear run.

As for the "sound" it's a Cello people...it's there for mood...I guess.

But anyways, the ending was a little silly, but the rest of the map was greta, truly great scripting and tons of fun surpirses. I was the most vocal I've ever been in a game playing this map...(screams of suprise and whatnot.)

Good stuff. Hope you release plenty more Tylak.

toekneebullard said:
This is a great expansion, or whatever you'd call it. Truly great level design, which creates the feel of a real environment, rather than just a big linear run.

But anyways, the ending was a little silly, but the rest of the map was greta, truly great scripting and tons of fun surpirses. I was the most vocal I've ever been in a game playing this map...(screams of suprise and whatnot.)

Good stuff. Hope you release plenty more Tylak.

I second everything you just said. The level design was excellent, especially the non-linear middle part. Ít was definitely something that HL2 lacked. The whole bunker felt like a real place, and not just a "tunnel" made to look like a bunker.

I screamed a lot, too! Great atmosphere and nasty scares. Good job, Tylak!

headcrabboy said:
Hey dogboy i get the same sound also, not sure if its intentional or which.Sound like a old fridge or something :p
I also noticed that tracks never end! At one point I had 2 tracks playing plus the 'fridge' drone! Really annoying. If it's there for atmosphere it doesn't work as its the same wherever you go! Bloody good mod though. Hard as well which is refreshing after the walk in the park that was HL2.

I can only find one of the batteries, the one i find is laying right besides there the shall be dropped. But were are the three others?

Joe, see that large thingabob over you? The one that now probably has a dead headcrab on top of it?
Just pull 'em down from that. They're in the chargers around it.
Yeah, I suck at explaining, so just check the walkthrough.

I liked the levels, good level design and such.
Non-linear too, which was awesome.
The music also kicked in at the right times. Lovely.
The levels had this HL1-feeling over them.
That doesn't have to be a bad thing, though.
The ending was crazy, though! Again, not exactly a bad thing.

I am really enjoying this so far ... its certainly not very easy and it's good that you can go different ways around the maps ...
I am getting killed a lot more than I remember getting killed on HL2 ... ;)
I sure wish my HL2 map skills were up to this! I need to take HL2 MODs 101 lol
Just wanted to say great job ... I have been posting links to your site elsewhere too ;)

Pretty good mod, and hard as many of you mentioned. The beginning weren’t that much of a hassle, but more towards the end it got harder and I got lost pretty much. :eek:

The level design was really well made though, great job.

Is this the first full modification for half-life 2???? Or have i missed something?????

Something is definitely screwy with saving...
I save, but it doesn't actually save except for only in certain places? Bah. :(

Woah, just tried the mod and it's awesome. The map design is spectacular. It's also pretty difficult, I played for probably 2 hours and didn't even finish it yet.

I hate all the spawning headcrabs though, they just swarm in

Back