Day 5: Spy Achievements (and Meet the Spy)

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Meet the Spy would make the main headline for today had we all not seen it over the weekend. Now, if you wish you can download a high definition version from Steam. This update also brings a brand new achievement just for Valve themselves...[br]
[br]We now have 34 brand new achievements for the spy. Many comedic names for the achievements as usual, check them out here and see if you can work out the other possible unlocks for the spy.[br]Update: Valve's search for the culprit who leaked the video goes on. See the Team Fortress 2 blog for two updates as team Valve all walk the plank!

Yay hires = read all the warnings!

(click for hueg)

Hopefully that will be a soundboard and be released as one of these updates this week!

So it was a blunder of Valve's part? I was starting to think Meet the Spy was 'leaked' on purpose.

I mean, comeon! It's Meet the Spy!

I started to chop it up to make a web page where you can turn on whichever ones you want. Unfortunately I'm not that good at photoshop, and I get bored easily. I'll make the HTML if someone wants to do the images tho :D

if there's a "leaked video" one, surely it was intentional all along?

edit - looking at the youtube leaks, although you can't read the writing, I don't think the original version was "leaked video", looks different.

FYI I am a spy is almost certainly 'backstab an enemy medic who is healing you'

Counter Episonage is probably backstab a disguised enemy spy.

WTF At that soundboard.

I can see... 'has evil twin', 'leaked video', 'is a robot', 'found dracula', 'is a woman', 'defenestrated', and 'jarate'...

It also says ''Is a man''

I'm not saying nothing, of course. I know it is a hot topic, though.

/tosses speculation to the internet

It also says ''Is a man''

I'm not saying nothing, of course. I know it is a hot topic, though.

/tosses speculation to the internet

And right underneath, "is a woman"

We'll have to wait for Meet the Pyro, which will probably be the last one.

Not that convinced by the breaking weapons theory yet Riom, possible but the 3 achievements which back it up could mean other things.

Deep Undercover - spy with a trilby hat?
Skullpluggery - Looks like the snipers new hat with holes?
Diplomacy - Looks like a scythe or something? new weapon?
For Your Eyes Only - Cigarette -> Sniper, what is that about? Flicking cigarette does something now?
Identity Theft - Killing someone = instantly become that person? Something new?
Wetwork - Sawmill is the first map with outside raining conditions, must be connected.

Many of the others look quite obvious what they are, like Dr Noooo (but I'm loving the James Bond references)

Anyone help with "Die Another Way", can't decipher what that picture is?

Not a scythe just a view of his gun from the front, and die another way it looks like an arrow bending around something and leading to a sniper with his hat popping off. What it's bending around I can't tell.

Not a scythe just a view of his gun from the front, and die another way it looks like an arrow bending around something and leading to a sniper with his hat popping off. What it's bending around I can't tell.

It's a breaking Razorback.

Man from P.U.N.C.T.U.R.E. is instant kill taunt (knife taunt).

For Your Eyes Only is provide someone with a freezecam of you flicking a cigarette over their corpse (disguise kit taunt).

Insurance Fraud is steal health from enemy medic/dispensor.

Sleeper Agent is kill someone after they've activated your Dead Ringer.

And right underneath, "is a woman"

We'll have to wait for Meet the Pyro, which will probably be the last one.

Yeah, I was responding to Jintor. I should of quoted him.

Meet the Pyro is probably the video I'm most looking forward to. :)

When I saw the Medic fighting the Spy in the video it did give the impression he was stealing his identity after defeating him. At first I thought it was for sheer presentational purposes but now there is an "Identity Theft" achievement it makes me feel it is more likely we will see this.

Update to news post, TF2 blog posts.

As many of you know, the Meet the Spy video was leaked this weekend. Some of you on the forum have wondered if Valve leaked it on purpose. And until we find the clown who did leak it, the answer to that is yes.

Others of you have started a petition to stop Valve from firing anyone over the leak. Once again, this just goes to show you how valuable customer feedback is to us—we hadn't even thought of doing that, but once you see it there in print, it's a fantastic idea. I've been asking people all morning who was responsible and come up empty. But now that I've started firing people, they can't name names fast enough. So far I've got sixty-seven names in the "suspicious" category, fifteen in "very suspicious", and another forty-three I'd been wanting to fire anyway.

I'll keep you posted as I track down the culprit. Rest assured, though: Until I find the person responsible, I vow that Valve will stop work on all projects.

Valve's head of HR, Kathy, just came to talk to me. I'd been lining up employees in a row against the wall so I could run past and fire them faster.

"You're fired you're fired you're fired you're fired oh hi, Kathy. What's up?"

"I'm a little concerned that you're mistreating your authority." I nodded, then reminded her that we'd talked about her using smaller words.

"We think you've gone mad with power," she said, talking slowly and using her hands. That's when I knew: She was in on it. Best not to take any chances, I thought, as I reached for my firing stick.

I've been working through the staff in alphabetical order. So far I'm up to the L's. I told Marc Laidlaw I had a book in my office I wanted him to see. I didn't tell him the name of that book: Marc Laidlaw, You Are Fired, by Robin Walker.

http://www.teamfortress.com/

I want a copy of that book.

Yup, it's official. Valve has the best sense of humor EVER.

I'm bored and can't sleep so just so that I can say "I called it":

A cut above : (unsure)

a) kill an enemy spy(or anyone) with the knife vs ranged(not back-stab)

b) play an entire round without using your pistol.

May I cut in? :

a) kill a medic or his target that has been healed for 30 seconds.

Agent provocateur:

a) back-stab ten people who are on your friends-list (either the same or different)

on her majesty's....:

a) be the first on a cap point.

Burn notice:

a) catch fire 30 times/ (and survive)

Point breaker:

a) block the plate 15 times.

Come in from the cold:

a back-stab your nemesis.

sap auteur:

a) place a 1000 sappers

Constructus interruptus:

a) back-stab an engineer while he's building.

sapsucker:

a) back-stab an enemy engineer who's sentry/building you have a sapper on.

b) back-stab an engineer then sap his buildings.

counter espionage:

a) back-stab a disguised enemy spy.

skullpluggery:(unsure... picture depicts sniper hat with holes in it and the number ten...could be related with new ranged weapon)

a) get ten kills(headshots?) with your revolver.

deep under cover: (unsure...could be pretty much anything...the limit is what kind of conditions they're able to code in for achievements)

a) stay disguised as an enemy for x amount of time in range of enemies.

b) stay disguised and survive during enemy victory time.

c) get behind enemy lines(as in your the one at the very back) / without getting spotted(bumps/getting shot)

d) stay cloaked for x amount of time(possibly related to new watch)

slash and burn: (unsure...the picture depicts a dead pyro/spy/engy thinking of a pyro)

a) back-stab an enemy pyro who has ignited you.

b) back-stab an enemy while on fire. / back-stab an enemy then catch on fire.

c) back-stab an enemy disguised as a pyro.

die another way: (unsure...arrow leading around something/broken bottle(demo or jarate?) to a sniper?)

a) possibly related to new unlock.

b) cause and environmental death.

c) back-stab an enemy stunned by sandman.

sleeper agent:

a) possibly related to new unlock it strongly hints at being able strike from beyond the grave...ala fire and forget. poison coated blade?

b) back-stab an enemy who triggered your feint ability(new watch)

diplomacy:

a) get 50 revolver kills.

spies like us: (unsure...picture shows a spy with an arrow to another(?) cloaked spy.

a) bump into a cloaked enemy spy.

b) stay cloaked and undetected(bumps/getting shot) for x amount of time. (possibly related to new watch)

c) disguise yourself as an enemy spy.

dr.nooooo:

a) back-stab a charged medic.

spymaster:

a) get 1000 lifetime back-stabs.

for your eyes only:(shows what looks to be a cigarette getting tossed at a sniper)

a) provide an enemy with freeze cam taunt.(cigarette flick or any?)

b) ignite an enemy/kill an enemy with flicking a cigarette...taunt kill.(I'm leaning towards the freeze cam taunt though)

c)(unlikely) possible new unlock...cigarette flash bang....

the man from puncture(unsure...picture shows a spy doing the "an garde" taunt with ghostly silhouettes behind him)

a) perform a kill taunt..."an garde" taunt.

b) back-stab an enemy directly after de-cloaking.

c) getting first kill on arena map.

FYI I'm a spy:

a) kill an enemy medic who has healed you.

b) kill an enemy while disguised as spy.

c) kill an enemy while disguised as medic.

d) do something retarded that makes it painfully obvious that you're a spy.(joke)

the man with the broken guns

a) sap the same engineers sentry 3 times in a row.

high value target:

a) back-stab an already dominated opponent 3+ times.

b) get 3+ dominations.

the melbourne supremacy:

a) dominate a sniper.

b) dominate all snipers on enemy team.

identity theft:

a) kill an enemy who you are disguised as(not just class but name as well)

b) kill an enemy then disguise yourself as him.(or same class at least)

triplecrossed:

a) backstab the same enemy 3 times. (in a row/ single life)

insurance fraud:

a) get healed by an enemy medic.

b) kill an enemy medic who has healed you.

c) back-stab an enemy while getting healed by enemy medic.

d) back-stab an over-healed enemy.

wetwork:

a) backstab an enemy while under water.

b) possibly related to new map featuring rain effects.

is it safe?:

a) get 50 captures.

b) block the point 50 times.

who's your daddy

a) back-stab an enemy scout.

b) win a mellee fight vs. scout.

joint operation:

a) with the help of other spies, sap 3 buildings/sentries simultaneously.

b) with help from another spy sap diffrent buildings withing a 3 second gap.

c) with help from another spy sap the same building 3 times.

you only shiv thrice:

a) get 3 back-stabs within a 10 seconds time-frame.

welcome to the internets:

a) proof the tf2 team has humor.

Wall of text. Where is the bury button?

Anyway, nice to see Valve have sense of humor. Ahh, 3 more days to go.

I think I've found my man. Valve's staff is now down to two employees: me and our Greek intern Stavros Xanthis. We're sitting in the main board room, staring at each other from across the table. I turned up the thermostat as far as it will go. It's hard to make him out behind the waves of heat coming out of the vents, but I think he looks guilty.

Looks like Robin Walker is about to discover that HE is the spy. : |

"Deep Undercover" Fedora and New mask for spy?

You're fired, You're fired, You're fired, You're fired, You're fired.

I've been working through the staff in alphabetical order. So far I'm up to the L's. I told Marc Laidlaw I had a book in my office I wanted him to see. I didn't tell him the name of that book: Marc Laidlaw, You Are Fired, by Robin Walker.

OMG No Episode Three! :LOL:

Laidlaw, it says here you're a writer. Well, let me tell YOU a story. Once upon a time you were fired. Then you cleaned out your desk by five.
Smooth going there!

As many of you know, the Meet the Spy video was leaked this weekend. Some of you on the forum have wondered if Valve leaked it on purpose. And until we find the clown who did leak it, the answer to that is yes.

Haha

Hahaha, the blog posts are gold.

Laidlaw, it says here you're a writer. Well, let me tell YOU a story. Once upon a time you were fired. Then you cleaned out your desk by five.

:LOL:

Check out the boxes.

meetthespyboard.png

Not that convinced by the breaking weapons theory yet Riom, possible but the 3 achievements which back it up could mean other things.

Deep Undercover - spy with a trilby hat?
Skullpluggery - Looks like the snipers new hat with holes?
For Your Eyes Only - Cigarette -> Sniper, what is that about? Flicking cigarette does something now?
Identity Theft - Killing someone = instantly become that person? Something new?
Wetwork - Sawmill is the first map with outside raining conditions, must be connected.

Many of the others look quite obvious what they are, like Dr Noooo (but I'm loving the James Bond references)

Diplomacy is obviously the revolver at an odd camera angle.

Back