Day 5: Spy Achievements (and Meet the Spy)

I love Valve,

Guys: Release date of the update ?

Robin Walker said:
"Marianne, send in someone please. Anyone at all. Oi! Send in someone with one eyebrow! That'd be marvelous."
"Sir, you've fired everyone."
"Already? But it's not even eight o'clock."
"You've outdone yourself, sir."
"Beaut. Alright, make a note that we need to hire 500 employees tomorrow."
"Yes, sir."
"Then put me down the day after that for firing all of them."
"Yes, sir."
"Oh, and get them to bring stuff in tomorrow. Tell them to put it in their desks. Tell them to load their desks right up."
"Yes, sir."
"Also, you're fired."
"Yes, sir."

Well played.

I love the Meet The-vids, but everything in this new video is awesome, the facial expression of the blue spy, the music, the gradually increasing drama, and the fight scene with the sniper is awesome, and actually kinda gruesome. Valve should do more cutscenes, cause they obviously rock at them. Then again they seem to rock at most things.

Ambassador is new revolver that gives crit headshots? Apparently when you send in the order coupon for Sandman you get this back

ohvalve.jpg

Bring on the Meet the Medic and Meet the Pyro :D

Holy attention to detail batman! The "1" key on the door's keypad is more worn than the others.

Identity Theft - Killing someone = instantly become that person? Something new?

In the video its worth mentioning the medic fight scene. While in combat the spy dons a new disguise animation and immediately becomes the medic. I'm pretty certain thats that we're gonna get.

i'm pretty sure it'll just be killing an enemy and then instantly disguising as that class to get the achievement

In the video its worth mentioning the medic fight scene. While in combat the spy dons a new disguise animation and immediately becomes the medic. I'm pretty certain thats that we're gonna get.

I wouldn't take anything from the video as an indication of gameplay mechanics. The whole thing has obviously been directed for dramatic effect rather than ingame accuracy.

I wouldn't take anything from the video as an indication of gameplay mechanics.
If we want to be really anal (and we do!), no spy who doesn't have the luxury of three minutes of dialogue and character interaction would disguise as a scout in his own base (or even, at all) and expect to get away with it :p

I wouldn't take anything from the video as an indication of gameplay mechanics. The whole thing has obviously been directed for dramatic effect rather than ingame accuracy.

Mind if I get to point and laugh if it transpires I called it?

Mind if I get to point and laugh if it transpires I called it?

Sure, if every other new 'feature' from the video is also implemented. Sliding sappers, SGs not aggroing undisguised spies, intense hand-to-hand combat, keypad locked doors to intel room etc.

I heard the release date is Thursday, but with another Spy weapon to go before then, and another Sniper + possibly some more new/community maps I doubt it'll be Thursday. Unless they reveal the final Sniper weapon and achievements on Thursday just before the release.

edit - looking at the youtube leaks, although you can't read the writing, I don't think the original version was "leaked video", looks different.

Apparently is was 'Lost memory'.

Back