Day Of Defeat on Source

Deathwish-uk-

Reaction score
When browsing through steam it says "Purchase", isn't DoD going to be a free download?

Free if you have Silver or equivalent package, apart from that no.

As of right now there are only 2 packages that have DOD:S and theya re the Steam Gold and Steam Silver. Its under "Purchase" becasue of that it can be preordered, but if you have already preordered it (if you got Gold or Silver) if you open it up it probobly will say something like "you've already purchesed this product" or seomthing like that. Right now I have not heard if Steam will allow "single source games" to be bought. But soon Steam will allow up to just "upgrade" your account and pay the difference between the packages insted of buying a whole new package, hope I helped :-D

Why release anything for free when you can get paid for it?
It's just too bad, that the modders sell out like that... yeah, I would too ;)

i dont really want to buy something like dod:s unless i know what its going to be like..maybe if they release a promo or something and its impressive i will, but from the shots ive seen its just dod with weapon drop physics and reflective water.

Thats stupid....it was free for HL1 and now theres no way for retailers to get it. I'm telling you guys retail buyers got screwed. If you lost the CD you're done because the game needs the disc EVERY time you want to play.

I was a big fan but haven't played DoD for a while. If it's not for free, then I'm afraid I won't play it on source either. Then again, there are other world war 2 mods on the way to the source engine.

I haven't played Counter Strike for a long while and will never play it again (I hate it), but do you know if people will have to pay to play the coming versions? Dod's destiny is probably the same as Counter Strike's I'm afraid...

Too bad I can't buy it though, I don't have a CC, or else I would've gone for the Silver steam package... oh well, I'll just have to do it with the Standard Retail, I suppose.

Juggy said:
Too bad I can't buy it though, I don't have a CC, or else I would've gone for the Silver steam package... oh well, I'll just have to do it with the Standard Retail, I suppose.

Let's just hope a DOD source clone is made

Back